• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Band of Brothers -

For those that want to watch the series in HD you can now get BOB in Blu Ray format -

513wu4U9bwL._SS500_.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
"interactive field guide, featuring timelines, maps, soldier..." does it also mention things like: "this part is actually totally wrong!" or "what you see here never happened!" ? :p

as much as i think BOB is great, i found out myself that it's full of errors when researching about Foy for my map. the series are a not so accurate representation of the book, wich itself is a not so verry accurate representation of the facts.
by example in the series they assault Foy from the south, while it was another company who did that assault, easy company attacked from the north-west along the bastogne road

Upvote 0
Meh not like they showed US soliders as unstopable, running through enemy lines Ramdo soldiers :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7TuCSnWlJk

While ive never read the book, ive always enjoyed the series for showing the experiences of the soliders in the war reasonably accurately with a little bit artisitic creativity to keep it an exciting and fun viewing.

Upvote 0
as much as i think BOB is great, i found out myself that it's full of errors when researching about Foy for my map. the series are a not so accurate representation of the book, wich itself is a not so verry accurate representation of the facts.

Shouldn't it be self-explanationary that movies are not meant to be used as research material? Since if we go that far, I don't know any movie that would be even remotedly suitable for the job.

Even I noticed several errors in BoB when I watched it and I still had no trouble understanding that the series is not 1:1 with the history. But I guess the problem is that some people might immediatly assume that anything based on historical theme _must_ be accurate description.

Upvote 0
they used grease... yes... they used a lubricant to make something sticky

stickybombs did exist but they were used by the british and were not made in the field with grease coated socks

That's because they were manufactured. The whole point about the SPR stickbombs was that they were an easy improvisation (supposedly) mentioned in the US Army enlisted man's field manual for emergency anti-armour. It's not entirely implausible. What is implausible is that the Germans would just waltz their Tiger into that rubble-strewn deathtrap. Especially without any infantry on the flanks or ahead of it. :D

When I bought the tin box set of BoB it was still only a few weeks old and cost around $98.99 CDN :(

Upvote 0