• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bad russian translation

n3r0

Nov 6, 2011
What is going on with russian translation? It's awful!

Not so awful as it was in recent (approximately 2 months ago) update, but it has a lot of mistakes. Wrong words are used, and achievents... it is the most awful thing.

Translation of achievents in game and translation on Steam are completely different! And even in one list of achievents the same map has different translations!

Reactions: borsdy
Wanna something really funny ?
In Polish version of the KF u cant create game on Suicidal diff. Why is that? becouse after big patch where we got instead of Suicidal : Suicidal and Hell on Earth. Polish publishers did not care about adding new diff to the game at all :p
I wa salways playing on english version but checked it after friend told me that he cant create sucidal game.

Upvote 0
In Polish version of the KF u cant create game on Suicidal diff. Why is that? becouse after big patch where we got instead of Suicidal : Suicidal and Hell on Earth. Polish publishers did not care about adding new diff to the game at all :p
I wa salways playing on english version but checked it after friend told me that he cant create sucidal game.

I am Polish, and i guess this glitch bothers most of us when trying to complete suicidal solo. And for someone who try Suicidal for the first time it would be harder since its now Hell on Earth. I'd mind about that, not only Polish version is badly translated.

Upvote 0
Well if you guys assembled a document of correct translations and sent it to TWI I'm fairly certain they'd find a way to incorporate it into an update.

If you were to format it in say:

English: <English Version>
Current Translation: <Current Translation>
Correct Translation: <Corrected Translation>
Notes: <What is wrong and why>

I can't see it taking to long. You may even get a credit if it gets in ;)

Upvote 0
Well if you guys assembled a document of correct translations and sent it to TWI I'm fairly certain they'd find a way to incorporate it into an update.

If you were to format it in say:

English: <English Version>
Current Translation: <Current Translation>
Correct Translation: <Corrected Translation>
Notes: <What is wrong and why>

I can't see it taking to long. You may even get a credit if it gets in ;)
Hope I don't bump it, but I think I could do that when it comes to Polish translation. I so hate Polish translation when it comes to difficulties for example - HoE for example is called "carnage". Not only that is problem, also specimen names, in my opinion as I observed new Polish players, are very confusing, for example Scrake in Polish is called "Butcher", Flesh Pound is called "Myoma", Husk, well, Husk/Shell, not that far fetched, although I don't think it really fits the name in Polish. Gorefast is called "Ripper". Those are most annoying translates in my opinion when it comes to Polish translation as any achievments about "kill x specimen with y weapon" are mostly being asked alot by Polish people like "what is Ripper? What is Myoma? What is Butcher?" And in end everyone has to tell noobs the english names and in end everyone more experienced with KF instead of call them in Polish, call them in english instead, so it's pretty pointless to call them in Polish in PL version awhile noone Polish even says their name in Polish. I am pretty sure most of Polish players would agree.

So yeah, how may I contact TWI about it? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I'd guess Yoshi, since he's in charge of PR. I wouldn't do a .txt since they're so hard to navigate, but a .rtf instead since you can do basic formatting for easy navigation.
What do you mean by hard to navigate? Ctrl + F and you can pretty much find what you're searching for, although I don't even think it'd include many things. Almost half of everything is correct, and mostly the problem is just that translating names of monsters is misleading and pointless - noone calls them with polish name, just with english, even here in Poland, and the Polish translates, as I mentioned before, don't fit their english names. That is mostly what needs to be fixed when it comes to translations.

Upvote 0
What is going on with russian translation? It's awful!

Not so awful as it was in recent (approximately 2 months ago) update, but it has a lot of mistakes. Wrong words are used, and achievents... it is the most awful thing.

Translation of achievents in game and translation on Steam are completely different! And even in one list of achievents the same map has different translations!

I could help TWI with making russian translation, as KF-fan and good russian linguist.

Hey TWI, I'm offering U help!

Good linguists don't use the incorrect word "achievents" (!?) three times in a row :D

Well, I bet russian version had the same problem too. Not sure if it still has it, since I'm using English version now.

Upvote 0
What do you mean by hard to navigate? Ctrl + F and you can pretty much find what you're searching for, although I don't even think it'd include many things. Almost half of everything is correct, and mostly the problem is just that translating names of monsters is misleading and pointless - noone calls them with polish name, just with english, even here in Poland, and the Polish translates, as I mentioned before, don't fit their english names. That is mostly what needs to be fixed when it comes to translations.

Mistranslation is not a problm. Ask Polish devs why u cant create "Hell on Earth" game while u play in ur language :p

Upvote 0