• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Bad mouse btn configuration options is just ruinning this game for me

DeadPlayer123

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 5, 2016
As most of the kf2 players, I came from kf1, in kf1 the default key configuration is left btn do normal atack, middle btn do power atack, right btn iron sign for all classes.
In kf2, male weapons for some reason dosent work the same way, and there is no option anywhere to fix this, if you configure the middle btn for blocking on bezerker, it will mess up with the normal weapon power atack.
Do anyone knows anything I can do to fix this ? I already tried to change the conf files, and ask for support, no results so far...
I bet most kf1 players have the same problem, and there is no solution for more advanced players...

Well if you could fix your grammar a bit, it would be easier to understand your problem.
Also idk if you knew this, but light attack is mouse 1, blocking is middle mouse and power attack is right mouse button.
Or if you are fancy with side mouse buttons like i am, you can bind the middle mouse button actions like blocking/switching firemode/healing darts to mouse 4 :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
JorgeLTE;n2270200 said:
Did you try female weapons?
Yes I know what you mean. It's a problem with game design. I hope it gets fixed at some point in development.
For the time being, we can only hope and git gud.

Thanks for understand it. For who that dosent understand, in kf1 the power atack key/btn is the same for all classes, but in kf2, the bezerker is direfent.
For example, you go with bezerker using an DBS, if doing the power atack with an katana is the middle mouse, for the DBS is the left mouse or any other btn you select in the options, there is no option or way to make the same btn act as power atack for all classes.

Also, any advanced player will need to crossperk or use bezerker features in the game if not playing with bezerker, since it needs to block/parry etc. And if you are an kf1 player, this game will be very frustrating and anyoing since you cant play using the same btns, the only option left for you is to play as bezerker, just because it has no option to configure this in the menu, this is something very very easy to do by the devs, so why dont they do it ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't have any problem with the current configuration in the aspect you mention, in fact i prefer it that way, BUT i'm a firm believer that having a wide variety of options of key binds in any game is the way to go, we all have different preferences and this is one of the advantages of PC gaming, it would be a shame to not use it.

Upvote 0
I also see the KF2 version as upgrade over the KF1 melee functions.
Especially the use of ADS as Heavy Attack is much better than Alt fire being it, and that ADS function is generally waste of space for KF1 berserkers.

Still it could be more practical if buttons are unbound from each other, namely "Primary Fire", "ADS", "Light Melee", "Heavy Melee", "Alt-Fire" and "Block".
Allows more modifications to suit the users playstyle, rather than just "Primary Fire/Light Melee", "ADS/Heavy Melee" and "Alt-Fire/Block".

Upvote 0
DeadPlayer123;n2270236 said:
And about if you any male weapon and want to alt fire with it ? If you configure this that way, SMB will not be your alt fire for male weapon, and that is the problem.
And swap configuration in the options will not work, since if will be mess up if you crossperk.
I hate reload not being MMB, just too used to it. I don't use Berserker too often, but melee weapons play so different that I don't mind a control reshuffle, as long as it still uses the same buttons in total.

Upvote 0
DeadPlayer123;n2270192 said:
As most of the kf2 players, I came from kf1, in kf1 the default key configuration is left btn do normal atack, middle btn do power atack, right btn iron sign for all classes.
In kf2, male weapons for some reason dosent work the same way, and there is no option anywhere to fix this, if you configure the middle btn for blocking on bezerker, it will mess up with the normal weapon power atack.
Do anyone knows anything I can do to fix this ? I already tried to change the conf files, and ask for support, no results so far...
I bet most kf1 players have the same problem, and there is no solution for more advanced players...

light left, hard right, middle mash(bash) mousebutton 4 for parry.

also, do you know how to set custom keybinds

Upvote 0
oldmidget;n2270311 said:
guys just FYI, basically every game on PC lets you rebind every game command( if not most) to any other key you want, or mouse button.

look for "keybinds" in a games menu
Last time I checked those particular binds were for multiple things at once (e.g. both ADS and melee heavy attack). I'd double check right now to be sure, but I don't want to wait 10 minutes for the game to kindly launch itself.

Point is, we can't rebind one without rebinding the other.

Upvote 0
Berserker Mode 1.0

F5 Enable
F6 Disable

When enabled, if you press "1", right mouse button and middle mouse button are inverted. If you press "2","3","4" they come back to default values.

Be careful that when you press F5 BM is enabled with current weapon.
Example. If you hold 9mm and press F5, mouse buttons are inverted.

AutoRun is always enabled (no need to hold shift to keep running)

Updated to 1.1 ( I found a little bug)

EXE
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b8..._Mode_v1.1.exe

AHK
http://www.mediafire.com/download/oh..._Mode_v1.1.ahk

Last edited:
Upvote 0
clconx;n2270325 said:
Berserker Mode 1.0

F5 Enable
F6 Disable

When enabled, if you press "1", right mouse button and middle mouse button are inverted. If you press "2","3","4" they come back to default values.

Be careful that when you press F5 BM is enabled with current weapon.
Example. If you hold 9mm and press F5, mouse buttons are inverted.

AutoRun is always enabled (no need to hold shift to keep running)

Updated to 1.1 ( I found a little bug)

EXE
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b8..._Mode_v1.1.exe

AHK
http://www.mediafire.com/download/oh..._Mode_v1.1.ahk

Do it means you have to swap everytime you want to male ? There is any way to make this automatic when you get in male mode ?
My point is, for example, if you are playing with commando, and want to parry or do power male attack you need to remember and have time to press F5 or F6 to swap the mouse btn everytime or there is a way to do this automatically ?

Upvote 0