• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

AVT recording as SVT

Konkrypt

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 15, 2011
The Forlorn Forest
Perhaps this should go into support, but I think that it fits here as well. Now onto the problem, I just unlocked the AVT for Assault and played a whole match using it; but it recorded all of my kills with it as the SVT instead. I know it was the right gun, I was Assault and I was using full-auto most of the time. is this a known issue, or a rare glitch?

On a side note, the AVT is a really nice rifle, better than the MKB in my opinion.

It's a known design error. Basically if you switch to semi-automatic fire the weapon behaves like an SVT. Most probably when it was programmed the code was just copy pasted from the SVT for the semi-auto functionality or may in fact directly use the SVT's own code. Either way it's a silly and avoidable mistake.

Whether or not the fact that it uses the same sound file for firing when in semi-auto mode is intentional is unknown.

Upvote 0