• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server "Authentication failed" for Epic Accounts

Hi,

I am currently updating my servers and I - again - have the problem of Epic players only see a "Authentication failed" Message when joining.
I searched for this problem and all I see was a mysterious "This issue has beed solved" - But I couldn't find anywhere HOW it was solved.

So Yeah. I am coming back now since this problem appears again.

Arsimael

I - again - have the problem of Epic players only see a "Authentication failed" Message when joining.
This is not your problem, but the backend TWI/Steam cloud services that are used to authenticate clients which are, in this case, KF2 games of KF2 players.

There was a problem in the past that these backend authenticating services were slow to respond, which resulted in KF2 games timing out.

While you can't do anything to fix the authentication not getting complete on time, you can 1) alter the timeout so it waits for longer 2) disable the client authentication temporarily with some downsides to it.

All that was described in the topic on these official TWI forums regarding this very issue. Just search for this keyword and you'll find it quickly.

Upvote 0