• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

At least the "cancel artillery" button is now useful.

Polshevik

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 18, 2011
Right, so I was playing Pavlovs House as a commander, and as everyone knows, this map has some cool flats in there, just perfect for going in them and calling the artillery target from the tops of them.
The problem is, that I can't use my binoculars to mark artillery targets through the windows. It just marks the target on the flat I'm in at the moment, I totally hate it. I have to risk my life and expose myself instead of just calling in the arty from this window.
Same goes for satchel charges, all of them can't go through the window, sometimes they even stick to a windows that doesn't even have any frames in it, because they won't go through.
Anyone else been annoyed by this?

+1 on the dangerous satchels (not) goin 'through' windows. Commissars House has some great vantage points for Engineer attacks on tanks from above if only they went out windows instead of killing self or team mates. At water refinery, I also noted it would not throw over blown out ledge near Russians, instead it hit the air, and slid back. bonkers.

On Spartonovka, the commander was using arty (a lot) but new players kept running into it..much to his frustration and apoplexy. Afterall, he did warn constantly. One team mate told him to use the 'cancel' ... which he had to to save 'some of our teams stupid' lives. Needless to say we soon ran out of (German) reinforcements...never had that on this map.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The problem is, that I can't use my binoculars to mark artillery targets through the windows.Anyone else been annoyed by this?

This is a frustration. Obviously it makes for more difficult targetting, as it seems the maps made by Tripwire have very specific "sight line" rules in order to protect map balance. But not being able to mark through windows is just... crazy. It's one of the few things that bug me about this game (I'm not one of th haters).

Upvote 0