• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Asphyxia : kill an enemy from behind

ro2player

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Asphyxia : kill an enemy from behind :

It's not really hand to hand combat. But it a new change with bayo combat. You can asphyxiate (or break the neck of) an enemy if you have a weapon who is not a pistol and come on the back of your enemy. (you only need to have a weapon who is not a pistol. No ammo is needed here.) It works only with rifle, submachine gun, machine gun, sniper rifle, semi auto rifle.

It works only if :
- Enemy need to be up.
- You need to come from his behind with a weapon who is not a pistol.

Effect for your enemy :
- your enemy throw automatically his weapon
- your enemy can't move
- enemy lost 50% of his moral suddenly
- and on each second your enemy is more and more suppressed until death. Each second, he losts 10 % in more of moral. Until death.
Suppression here simulate asphyxia.

Effect for you :
- come on the back of an enemy soldier
- see the "hand to hand combat" icon appear
- push enter
- you can't move
- 10 seconds are needed. (but in reality you need more i think)
You asphixed him, or you break his neck. ( random kind of death)
When you start to asphyxiate someone : either he dies or either you need to die for this guy stay alive... If nobody come to kill you, you kill your victim.

It will add more kind of battle in close combat.

Last edited:
I would much rather shoot him than waste time doing that, risking getting killed. Game is too fast passed for this to be a good option.

Dude, I don't say : "switch the game in only hand to hand combat game".

No.

I just say : have with bayo and melee another kind of hand to hand combat.

Just add something in more. I don't want ot cancel what exist already

Upvote 0
I'll say this much; people do NOT like suddenly losing control of their character, especially in multiplayer games. What gets me about this is the "automatically throwing away weapon" effect. Consider this: this happens to someone, and his attacker is killed. Now he has to spend time looking around hoping to find his weapon again.

Furthermore, it seems rather out of place for this sort of game. If we were playing as partisans behind enemy lines, this sort of feature would make sense. But what purpose does a soldier have to snap his enemy's neck or choke him when he most likely has a perfectly functional bayonet or bullet(s) in the chamber to fire?

Upvote 0
I'll say this much; people do NOT like suddenly losing control of their character, especially in multiplayer games. What gets me about this is the "automatically throwing away weapon" effect. Consider this: this happens to someone, and his attacker is killed. Now he has to spend time looking around hoping to find his weapon again.

Rattenkrieg, man, Rattenkrieg...

It's hand to hand combat. More exactly a "death by asphyxia".
Victim has only 10 sec to be saved. During 5 sec he will lost 50% of his moral. (impact of agression). And then 5 last sec, he will see his moral more and more decrease, (10 % each second) until his death or the death of his own agressor.

Furthermore, it seems rather out of place for this sort of game. If we were playing as partisans behind enemy lines, this sort of feature would make sense. But what purpose does a soldier have to snap his enemy's neck or choke him when he most likely has a perfectly functional bayonet or bullet(s) in the chamber to fire?

It's just another to fight in hand to hand combat than bayo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Rattenkrieg, man, Rattenkrieg...

It's hand to hand combat. More exactly a "death by asphyxia".
Victim has only 10 sec to be saved. During 5 sec he will lost 50% of his moral. (impact of agression). And then 5 last sec, he will see his moral more and more decrease, (10 % each second) until his death or the death of his own agressor.

It's just another to fight in hand to hand combat than bayo.

It may be Rattenkrieg, but that still doesn't justify why this should be in. I'm still failing to see why any soldier would spend the time to asphyxiate his enemy rather than just stab him or shoot him. Unless he has no bayonet or is out of ammo, but even then I'd rather take my chances beating him with the butt of my rifle rather than trying to use it to choke him.

Upvote 0
Dude, I don't say : "switch the game in only hand to hand combat game".

No.

I just say : have with bayo and melee another kind of hand to hand combat.

Just add something in more. I don't want ot cancel what exist already
I know what you said. I just told you why I wouldn't use such a feature.

Upvote 0
Put it like this. Developers have a limited amount of time and resources. What would you rather have them spend their resources on?
Some stupid unnecessary kill animation (when there's already multiple melee options)
Or...
New Weapons
New Maps
New Vehicles

What do you think the majority of players would rather have? Which one do you think is a better use of developers time?

Upvote 0
Put it like this. Developers have a limited amount of time and resources. What would you rather have them spend their resources on?
Some stupid unnecessary kill animation (when there's already multiple melee options)
Or...
New Weapons
New Maps
New Vehicles

What do you think the majority of players would rather have? Which one do you think is a better use of developers time?

Good reason you give.

Worst RO2 idea of 2014 so far. He’s way out in right field; no he’s not even on the field he’s across the street drinking a slurpee at 7-Eleven playing Ms. Pac-Man

This "KID" needs to find a ninja game online!

Russ

No : just hand to hand fighting with bayo in one side AND in another side asphyxia !
What i want it's to see hand to hand with another thing than bayo.

Maybe can we have ability to "counter" with a button the charge of bayo of an enemy. (counter with his weapons who is needed to not be a pistol)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What a waste of time reading this

why should I spend 10s stuck in some animation while I could just bayo/bash/shoot him to death in 2s?

Baier,

Killing in front with bayo IS NOT SAME THING than killing from behind an enemy without your bayo.

I mean it's easy to understand :
- killing in hand to hand battle with bayo
- killing in hand to hand battle but not with bayo.

I don't see the problem. My idea add more ways inside hand to hand battle.
Rattenkrieg !
Or i can say in another way :
Make RO 2 a Stalingrad !

why should I spend 10s stuck in some animation while I could just bayo/bash/shoot him to death in 2s?

If I answer, because Rattenkrieg ? it's one form of Rattenkrieg...

son, you played too much bf4.

BF 4 ?

Can you heard a second please. I am talking about RO 2. And inside RO 2 I am talking about idea to ADD MORE HAND TO HAND ANIMATIONS.

I don't have bf 4.
I 'am not a ****ING BF 4 player, Ok Baier ?

Baier, please, don't read my post as an idea to CANCEL bayo. No it's idea to ADD something more than bayo !

Last edited:
Upvote 0