• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS around 75% of playing Hanto,Japs win this map

killkinglion

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 24, 2013
sorry for English.

please make more balance

I really like Hanto map, but now it seem no more fun to play because the map is not balance.

I usually play Japan, we own Hanto.
I also play US,75% lost.

I suggest developers to move the US spawns closer to the objective or maybe reduce its time to attack.

You can disagree my post or changed some suggestion.
please show your idea,Thank you :D

I agree. Not only do the Japanese have a terrain advantage on this map, but also an artillery advantage -- an advantage that more times than not will guarantee an objective capture for them, as the salvo radius is way too big and the length way too long.

Since the terrain is already in the attacking team's favor, I suggest that artillery's length and/or radius be reduced, as artillery salvos can wipe out an entire defending team, unless they move, but where else are they supposed to defend the objective? Outside of it? And even if the defending team waits through a full 20+ second reinforcement time to make it back to the objective after being killed, the artillery still continues.

In summary, let the Japanese team keep its terrain advantage, but uncombined with an artillery advantage. Both shouldn't co-exist for balance sake.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I personally see Hanto as a Japanese friendly map. The advantages go to the axis. I love playing the map, but it would seem that it is an axis map due to tiny cap-zones, huge arty barrages, and huge flank space (with thick vegetation).

I fail to understand this argument that repeats itself "With a good x,y,z and good communication the X team can win. All the 'noobs' must be playing on X team."

Shouldn't the basis of the discussion assume that both teams have Good x,y,and z characteristics? (Not that that is always the case of course)
What basis do 'you' claim that all the new people play one faction? For what reasoning? Isn't it more likely to have new players spread over factions?

Upvote 0
I agree with OP. Moving US spawns closer to the objectives by itself would make a big difference. That, and make the entire map except for the current objective a no-go zone for the yanks. In my experience, every time I've seen the Japs steamroll this map has been when half the US team has been playing rambo off in the jungle away from the cap, so maybe the defenders need to be forced to stay in the caps.

Upvote 0
Not sure what the deal is, I have seen this map go either way. If the US stays in the cap it is near impossible for the japanese to remove them unless they are equally skilled at massing for a banzai. The artillery the US has is just as good at countering a japanese assault. Where I see the US lose is where you have people not playing in a team and going forward of the OBJ and not defending it.

Upvote 0
Not sure what the deal is, I have seen this map go either way. If the US stays in the cap it is near impossible for the japanese to remove them unless they are equally skilled at massing for a banzai. The artillery the US has is just as good at countering a japanese assault. Where I see the US lose is where you have people not playing in a team and going forward of the OBJ and not defending it.
Japanese arty > everything you just said. The caps are too small and the defenders areas too congested to compete.

Stop lying to yourself people. Japs > Americans on this map. Its pretty irrefutable.

Upvote 0
I agree with OP. Moving US spawns closer to the objectives by itself would make a big difference. That, and make the entire map except for the current objective a no-go zone for the yanks. In my experience, every time I've seen the Japs steamroll this map has been when half the US team has been playing rambo off in the jungle away from the cap, so maybe the defenders need to be forced to stay in the caps.

The issue with staying in the caps is due to Japanese artillery covering essentially the entire objective. At the moment, the only way to counter this is to create other defensible positions ahead or around the objective. So cutting off the rest of the map to the American team will only hinder them further.

Upvote 0
Agreed. The Japanese will win this map if they have a competent commander. It is an inevitability.

What needs to be done is simple: Longer cooldown for artillery on BOTH sides. Artillery favours the attacker, so this will be a huge factor for the Japanese.

I have seen the Japanese lose this on several occasions- all of them because the commander was plain stupid and called artillery in the wrong places.

Upvote 0
Agreed. The Japanese will win this map if they have a competent commander. It is an inevitability.

What needs to be done is simple: Longer cooldown for artillery on BOTH sides. Artillery favours the attacker, so this will be a huge factor for the Japanese.

I have seen the Japanese lose this on several occasions- all of them because the commander was plain stupid and called artillery in the wrong places.

True but then even with no Commanders, they win.

Upvote 0
Must be all those new players who don't know the map. If you guys have a good TL, good SLs, good teamwork, good MGs, and good artillery, you'll be fine.:D

Let the rage begin.

Seriously though, I don't have enough experience with this or the other RS maps to comment.

so basically, they need to play like japanese (teamwork) to win.

Ironic really

Upvote 0
If the Japanese place artillery on the OBJ it will also prevent them from capping it too. Teamwork is the only way to win this map. Loose teamwork on the Americans and it will fail drastically. Japanese do have an edge but not as much as you think. Besides the good maps are usually slightly balanced one way or the other. I have seen this in countless other RO and DH maps where one or two tweaks here and there and the balance shifts to the other side where it was perceived the other side had the advantage.

Upvote 0
If the Japanese place artillery on the OBJ it will also prevent them from capping it too. Teamwork is the only way to win this map. Loose teamwork on the Americans and it will fail drastically. Japanese do have an edge but not as much as you think. Besides the good maps are usually slightly balanced one way or the other. I have seen this in countless other RO and DH maps where one or two tweaks here and there and the balance shifts to the other side where it was perceived the other side had the advantage.
You can still move in right after the arty, or you can of course just arty their side of the objective, something that all good TLs try to do.

Upvote 0