• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Armor Shards instead of full armor drops

Humam2104

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 1, 2020
I was once joined a server that had armor shards instead of full armor, on later waves you would find armor shards more frequently. Each armor shards restores 40 I believe.
This would improve SWAT's gameplay and enable players to actually win Endless for example, because at Endless you would have more and more zeds while you just have health for most of the gameplay.

Reactions: missing_trigger
That's actually quite clever indeed, although I don't exactly know how realistically you would find "shards of kevlar" to repair your armor (but then, finding some old armor lying out here is equally strange)

It would also make it fairer if you're playing with a team. It's all too common for someone to snatch the armor although someone else needed it more...

I dig that idea, definitely. This or some sort of "lighter armor" somewhat akin to Doom games. Like you could find +25, +50 and +100 armors (the latter being the rarest)

But maybe it would turn the game a bit too arcade-y, I don't know.

Reactions: Humam2104
Upvote 0