• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Arisaka Type 38 and 99 - what's the difference?

It always seemed to me that the Type99 is much more inaccurate then the Type38 (ingmae) but this is completly subjective and maybe I just can't handle the sights;)
Off the top of my head I remember the type 99 being precisly 50% more inaccurate than the type 38.

Not like it matters at these ranges. One thing is that I wish i could see how fast each rifle is bolted in the stats. There is no numerical value for it, it seems to be purely dictated by the speed of the animation.

Upvote 0
The difference between the two appears to be minimal. It is the sights that are most different.

I dislike the sight tick of the 38 due to the fact that it is so short. I miss more often with this than the K98, Type 99, or Mosin-Nagant.

I prefer the sights on the Type 38. I find that the aperture on the 99 makes is a pain to hit moving targets at longer ranges (~100m).

Upvote 0
Type 38 spread: 0.0001
Type 99 spread: 0.00015

The spread difference won't matter until very long range.

That difference will never matter. 0.0001 is 0.36 moa and 0.00015 is 0.54 moa. They are beyond extremely accurate; for a properly aimed shot to miss, you'd have to shoot at a range of over 3700m (and as we know most maps will only go up to 200m.)

For comparison a real Battle Rifle may shoot 2-4 moa, making their "accurate" range usually around 800m.

Last edited:
Upvote 0