• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Are you releasing before BF3 hits the shelves?.

Trikipum

May 13, 2009
Just that, just wondering if you guys will release it before bf3. I ask this coz releasing the game after or at the same time would be really bad for RO2. I may bring like 6 friends to RO2 if they release before Bf3... if not I will be the only one to buy of my friends... I just hope they had that in mind when planning the release date...

They are 2 different FPS games,but TWI needs to understand the mentality of gamers when they choose to buy the title that has been released first and then waith for the title that released 2nd to drop its price while they have fun with the first title.

TWI we know you guys want to bring good game to the table on release date,but do whatever it takes to avoid EA BF3.There is no shame not releasing around the time period that BF3 will release,not shame at all,EA has been dodging COD titles all the time up till BF3,they think that BF3 will crush COD.

If you can't release it 2 months before BF3,I would waith after 2012 maeby jan. or feb.

Upvote 0
Well BF3 is expected to release in November, and I could very well see RO2 releasing this Summer. Alan mentioned on Crosshairs yesterday that Tripwire has settled on the February Unreal build and wouldn't consider moving to the newest build (that just got released during GDC) until potentially after release. Sounds like they're getting started to feature lock to me. :)

Upvote 0
This has been discussed in another thread and I repeat my opinion:
Everybody is exegerating the importance of release dates.
It doesn't matter if BF3 buyers buy the game with christmas instead of the fall; they will buy it anyway if they want (and know about it).

I have never bothered with release dates at all except for 2 exceptions.
Also most big games are going on sale when the sequel comes out (or never in some cases). I don't think people will wait two years for the sale...

Upvote 0
This has been discussed in another thread and I repeat my opinion:
Everybody is exegerating the importance of release dates.
It doesn't matter if BF3 buyers buy the game with christmas instead of the fall; they will buy it anyway if they want (and know about it).

I have never bothered with release dates at all except for 2 exceptions.
Also most big games are going on sale when the sequel comes out (or never in some cases). I don't think people will wait two years for the sale...

I think it would have an effect on sales. A lot of people don't know what Red Orchestra is, but they all know what Battlefield is. If they had the money to spend on one game, they'd see a lower budget WW2 shooter that they know nothing about, and then a big budget modern Battlefield game that they've been dreaming about since Battlefield 2. It'd be hard to sell people on RO2 if they're already glued to BF3. Anyway, I think RO2 will release way sooner than BF3 so no worries.

Upvote 0
While I know that RO2 and BF3 are two different online shooters, I believe it would not be wise to release same time or after BF3. You woun't loose diehard TWI fans (like me) and other realism/tactical shooters fans but You might end up withough huge "semi-casual" crowd that You managed to "gain" already with great trailers and gameplay vids.

Upvote 0