• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Arad2 :)

;)

Depends on the venue where the map is located. Servers are like cars and trucks; the design dictates the purpose. This is why I support the concept of a tanks only or tank oriented server. As has been pointed out, a lot of players shy away from tanks as being too much to handle. OK, fair enough. But many players love them. And believe me when I tell you that there are folks that will patronize a tank server 24/7. I've watched it over time. TWB Ironhorse has at least some public participation round the clock. Guess what the no. 1 map pick is according to GameTracker? Yup. Gumrak. It's chosen 30% of the time. It isn't just a matter of starting up a server, and throwing maps on it. You go further; You taylor a server toward an audience. For example Campaigns, Armour, Combined Arms, or or infantry. Don't just look at maps in isolation, look at how you present them. Depending on the context, public participation can vary dramatically.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That is true.
I play mostly on TWB campaign, fj2. , simrai and lately a Server with Frankfurt in the Name.
When Western European Servers where mostly empty on Weekkdaya and i had a day of I played on russian Server sometimes too.
None of those play a lot of huge tanking maps^^
TWB campaign is the Server where once 30 Players left after Arad2 was Chosen... Pretty nonsensical

Upvote 0
In my experienced 50% off the people leave as soon as arad comes up.

This has been my experience too unfortunately, the other common one it that one side sweeps the other in just a few minutes. Seriously, a couple of the shortest rounds I've ever played.

It's not the map's fault and I've been excited to get a true CA experience, it's just played out as a full on tank map most often. By the time infantry (me) get to the cap and set up. Bang, the maps over. Too many tanks maybe? I've been dying to run around tossing satchels like a madman......

Upvote 0
More different tanks and the option to leave/enter a tankl (better team tanking) are needed, too + full WASD Turret support :D

Is it just Arad or, do the people left the server when any other tank map is coming up?
:)

Again it really depends on the server. On a server that is primarily focused on stock maps, yes; people flee tank maps. But on our tank server, chances are it was purposefully selected and people stay to play.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The original RO was a mod (that saw its first release on UT2k3, however the project existed on two different games before that). It then carried on to UT2k4 and got the vehicle combat update RO mod version 3.3 I think RO: Combined Arms.

After the Make Something Unreal Content ended (which we won) we took our UE 2 engine license and produced the Red Orchestra: Ostfront retail title.

Upvote 0
I love this map, although what if they put in 2 tank squads instead of the current 3 instead of reducing it to 1 like Yoshiro said they might, I think that would be a fair compromise for those who think it has to many tanks and those who like it the way it is. (Personaly I love this map, but I wouldn't mind if it lost a handful of tanks.)

Upvote 0
option to leave/enter a tankl (better team tanking)

Kleist ?

You really think if player can go outside of tank you will have a better team tanking ? (and I am afraid yes you are thinking this...)

I think it's not right. Teamtanking is not link to fact to go outside of the tank.
Or maybe we are not talking about the same teamtanking ?

I disagree.
Best teamtanking is more focused on relation between player ONLY INSIDE tank - than on relation between players outside and inside tank.

Upvote 0