• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

AR-15 +TAC-10i Combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoridium JackL

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Australia
yes, i know you are going to hate me for making this suggestion, but **** you i'm making it anyway!

alright, so i was playing with commando (a feat i rarely attempt due to my sharpshooter preference) and i thought "gee, it would be nice if the commando had a better way of engaging with the larger specimens (other than kite the ****ers or be damned) while still not deducting from it's role, which is mainly to keep trash at bay, and relay information to the rest of the team, and i had an idea, and then i remembered that some commandos take a grenade launcher with them for this, but thats so overdone, so i thought about the commandos that take a crossbow, but even a perked crossbow can be ineffective, so it thought up thos piece of ****.

if you don't know what the TAC-10i is then watch this video: YouTube - PSE Tactical Assault Crossbows TAC15, TAC10, TAC15i, & TAC10i in HD

i'll wait while you watch it...

now, i hear you say "but jack, we already have a crossbow in the game" and i admit, we do, but **** that, this is a HYBRID,

so picture this, a tac-10i that has been modified to fit on top of the AR-15 barrel, so like an underslung but above it, while i understand that in real life this would be absurd, i think it would be a nice addition, the AR-15 could operate however the hell you want it too, but the idea is to have a commando weapon, that fires like a scar, but does the damage of something more akin to the bullpup, and would probably have full auto removed to counter balance the ability to have a crossbow (also they would both use the same button), so you could use it to clear weak trash at distance, then you have the mount, it would come with very little ammo, and wouldn't be anymore powerful than a crossbow, but the idea is that the guns alt fire fires the crossbow, and it would probably do something like stun the scrake or something like that, so it would stun (which an unperked xbow cannot do) but do less damage, so it is really more of a weapon to give the rest of your team time to deal with it, or more time for you to gain distance if solo, not sure about exact numbers, i'd have to actually make and test it to figure that out (it is really the only way), it would have fairly small amount of ammo, at a fairly highish price, similar to the xbow, and it would have to be fairly heavy, so that you can really only take one other commando weapon with it, and it would have to be fairly slow, like, imagine it has a meter like the MP-7, but instead of energy it is bow tension or something, so that every time you fire it goes to zero and you have to wait for it to reach %100 before you can fire again (imagine you attached a little motor thing to the place that you have to wind to pull back the cord) that way it wouldn't be spammed and would be slower than the xbow,.

while i apologize for the AR-15 suggestion, i think it sets itself apart from the usual games at least a little bit, although you could argue that it is too "COD TACTICOOL!!!HURP!", either way, i like the idea.

(just so you know, i probably explained my idea wrong at least 5 times in this post)

*edit* woops, i meant to post this in ideas and suggestions, i guess i used the wrong tab, please move if possible.

Attachments

• Tac15a.jpg
    Tac15a.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
putin.gif

>Yet Another Arma-Lite gun

Upvote 0
Another crossbow, how utterly pointless. And please post this in the right place next time. Sorry. :(

1. already noted that it was in the wrong place, can;t do anything about it now can I?

2. not pointless, serves a whole different purpose, next time read it and think about what is being suggested,

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.