• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Apex predator screens freeze?

carebear

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 25, 2021
Category: Story Progress

Reproducibility: Constantly, without fail ...

Description:
The only two quests I have available are to kill the Apex Alligator and Apex Mako. Whenever I approach the areas, the splash screens load and the suspenseful music plays, but it just loads forever. The animations from objects, bubbles, and fish you can't eat still move, but fish you can eat don't swim around. I've not once been able to bypass this bug after trying dozens of times.

I've tried approaching the areas from different directions and the same thing happens. I've tried wearing different equips, and no equips. I've tried not lunging into the areas. I've tried playing on different settings. I've tried entering the area without a waypoint set. I've tried entering the area after swimming all the way from grottos in another area. I've tried hard resetting everything. I've tried leaving it on that screen for hours, hoping it would eventually load. I don't know what else to do.

I'm level 22, but not an Elder yet because I can't progress to the quest that allows me to fight Scaly Pete, since these Apex quests come first. All I can do is swim around and get collectibles. Very disappointing, because the game was fun until this. Now I literally can't progress, deeming the game unplayable.

Step 1) Approach Apex boss.
Step 2) Freeze.

At the time of writing this, my shark is level 22 and currently equipped is Tier 5 Shadow Teeth, Tier 5 Shadow Body, Tier 5 Shadow Fins, Tier 5 Advanced Sonar, Tier 5 Protein Digestion, and Tier 5 Hearty organs. Playing on Game Pass for PC/W10. All medium/default settings, windowed fullscreen at 1920x1080. Happens online, haven't tested offline. Included screenshots of the screens that load forever...

Attachments

• 3b904b57f90f07458afe5c55ea0a9a16.jpg
    3b904b57f90f07458afe5c55ea0a9a16.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 3
  • c8cb30e67406de5794e62a2ad8eb5b27.jpg
    c8cb30e67406de5794e62a2ad8eb5b27.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 3
Hello! I've found a solution for those who want to play the game and don't want to wait for the bug fix, you simply have to put the game in window mode and press play, that should work as intended, hope this helps.
tried this but it doesn't work, the bug still happens.
hope the devs fix this ASAP! this really hamper the enjoyment I had with this game.

Upvote 0
Also been having the same problem on the royal flush mission, screen freezes like op, had this happen once in the hammerhead fight but it ended up working the second time but now on the great white I can never get the boss to spawn, this is on the game pass version of the game and am running a ryzen 5 2600, a vega 56, 16 gb of ram and on the background I only have discord open.

Upvote 0
Hello! I've found a solution for those who want to play the game and don't want to wait for the bug fix, you simply have to put the game in window mode and press play, that should work as intended, hope this helps.
This does Work FYI just don't change setting in game as that appears to do nothing for me, use ALt+Enter, then proceed to boss area it will trigger animation and work then you can Alt enter back to Fullscreen (you have to do this for each boss)

Upvote 0