• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Any British based games?

Does anyone know of any WWII pc games that are based around the British and Commonwealth forces, that are in circulation?

Besides the slices in C.O.D/C.O.D 2. Can't seem to find any.
I've tried looking online with various game sites, but all seem to draw a blank.

So decided to ask the people in the know!
Other gamers. :D

Any leads, or names of games if they exist would be a massive help.

Thanks.

p.s- Sorry, forgot to say 1st Person Shooters, and not strategic.

Last edited:
H&D1 & 2.

Inv44 mod, latest release for OFP include brits.

Commandos RTS games.

Commando Strike Force.

PS: The latter two mentioned are not recommended if you are searching for 100% HC realism. Commandos RTS games (and the Strike Forces is also quite much) are more puzzle games than generic warfront stuff.

Upvote 0
H&D1 & 2.

I played H&D 1 years ago and enjoyed it despite messy AI and other problems and bugs that made it difficult.
I had H&D2 on my shelf for a while, and heard that while it was better, it still suffered from problems of the old one.

I've just installed and started playing it and it's awesome, can't believe how good it is. patched it up to 1.12 straight away and that probably corrected a lot of probs this game may have had.
This game is a must.

Upvote 0
I've just installed and started playing it and it's awesome, can't believe how good it is. patched it up to 1.12 straight away and that probably corrected a lot of probs this game may have had.
This game is a must.

Well practically only real "issue" with latest patch is the AI. It is still bit dumb, but not as dumb as it used to be.

Ironically enough 1.03\1.04 (can't remember which one) seems to have the best AI overall, while 1.12 is the best patch overall (if you don't count in the vehicle climbing removal, that sucks) :p

Upvote 0
I'm still waiting for CoD to do the brits properly (i mean i guess cod2 did) but we're not only special forces or paras as in CoD1 and 4....I'd like to see, if they are sticking with a modern setting some modern british standard infantry levels...wud make a nice change (or maybe even at some point some day someone will do the falklands war....*awaits flaming*)

Upvote 0
Hidden and Dangerous 2 is probably the best tactical singleplayer shooter set in ww2 you are going to find. MP is only really good in co-op in my opinion. Maybe its different if you are playing it with a well organized group but the way I played it, RO was much better.

Yeah.
While i love the H&D series, (the first one actually to start my love for tactical games), from what ive played online in the second game, it was mostly run-and-gun ****, at least in Deathmatch games (why the hell are there deathmatch games in tactical shooters anyways?).
Co-op is best, and the capture-points style is much better then standard DM in the way it plays.
In singleplayer its made out of pure win, though.

Upvote 0
Yeah. .........In singleplayer its made out of pure win, though.

Having loved the concept, if not always the execution, of the 1st game, I can't believe i didn't get round to making room to install it earlier ( i live with only a couple of gb free space on my drives most the time!)
I thought it would require my imagination and enthusiam to fill in the gaps, but it's much more polished and atmospheric than I expected, and not as awkward as some reviews suggested.

I can forsee it nestling comfortably into my all time favourite shooters, along with the likes of 'cong, RVS, Flashpoint, SS2 and Deus-ex.
I look forward to checking out CO-OP online after finishing it- guess i better invest in Sabre Squadron as well.

Upvote 0
Having loved the concept, if not always the execution, of the 1st game, I can't believe i didn't get round to making room to install it earlier ( i live with only a couple of gb free space on my drives most the time!)
I thought it would require my imagination and enthusiam to fill in the gaps, but it's much more polished and atmospheric than I expected, and not as awkward as some reviews suggested.

I can forsee it nestling comfortably into my all time favourite shooters, along with the likes of 'cong, RVS, Flashpoint, SS2 and Deus-ex.
I look forward to checking out CO-OP online after finishing it- guess i better invest in Sabre Squadron as well.

Well, there is no co-op in just H&D2, Sabre Squadron re-introduced them.
Wich is a weird choice, since most people seemed to like co-op the best in the original game. (i have never played that one online, unfortunately. I was still an internet nublet back then, just played the singleplayer but didnt know **** about everything else :D)

Btw, i remember the first mission of H&D1 so so well, i could draw a map of it out the top of my head. Given, its a really small level, but that game being the first game i played in a realistical WW2 setting, it just breathed ww2, it was great.
It was unlike anything else i had experienced before in games, so i still love it to this day. xD

Upvote 0
Does anyone ever get together for coop games in H&D2 now? The few times I have been on co-op servers with other people have been some of my best gaming moments :D Cruising through africa, doing jumps on the jeep and running around as a medic with just a pistol, moving as a squad to take those big bunkers in op husky, setting up a 4 man ambush and blowing up an enemy truck with the bren... /nostalgia. But the other day when I looked I dont think I even saw any public coop servers:(

Upvote 0
Does anyone ever get together for coop games in H&D2 now? The few times I have been on co-op servers with other people have been some of my best gaming moments :D Cruising through africa, doing jumps on the jeep and running around as a medic with just a pistol, moving as a squad to take those big bunkers in op husky, setting up a 4 man ambush and blowing up an enemy truck with the bren... /nostalgia. But the other day when I looked I dont think I even saw any public coop servers:(

I'd like to play with you, if you can find a decent server ^^
Got a new headset today, finally a working mic again :D

Upvote 0