• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Another Great Reason Why KF > L4D

It doesn't play out the same way, enemies coming from different sides on this game doesn't mean much, on L4D it can take you by surprise and kill you.
I think it's the exact opposite.

The ONLY thing that makes L4D co-op hard is:

a) something higher than advanced
b) the "I touch you and you die without team mate support" infected
c) friendly fire.

The swarms in L4D are laughable. They are literally intended to be mowed down by the hundreds. They aren't challenging at all. I came to this after about 4 months of L4D. After 6 months I stopped seeing the hordes altogether.

KF is a lot different. Crawlers, Gorefasts, and even a pack of clots you weren't paying attention to can kill you. Sirens, Skrakes and Fleshpounds force more movement out of players than 90% of the stuff in L4D save the tank.

Point in fact though. Each of these games uses a spawn method which, if you aren't stupid, you'll eventually learn by heart. It's just a matter of knowing where the spawns are and reducing your incoming angles of attack to something managable.

Still. I find most of KF's enemies a hell of a lot more threatening than in L4D. They really screwed up IMO making "trash infected" and "the infected you should care about." It makes all the common infected in L4D look like window dressing. And considering they often vanish before their they or their body parts hit the ground.....yeah.

Upvote 0
So? That doesn't mean a damn thing. McDonald's may sell more hamburgers than a nice local restaurant, but that doesn't mean it's better.
L4D is still hovering around position 5 in the steam lists.As it has been for weeks
KF was in 7th place last week.Its now dropped down to 12 place when i looked just now.More people are playing HL2 death match.last week more people were playing Plants verses Zombies.

So i think that does mean a damn thing.Like less and less people are playing KF.,maybe they are bored stupid with it.

Upvote 0
While I agree that there should be more suprises and variation in KF, I like the core gameplay and realism of KF much more.

What the realism of being stuck in maps with no escape?
No reason for you being there in the first place?
No reason to explore said maps?
Being given cash for killing things?
Having a trader who can move shop lock stock and barrel every few minutes to a new location?
Who kicks you out before the bad guys arrive?
Why not just shelter in the shop as she seems able to get through any level and difficulty?
Being able to outrun most bad guys so i guy can waltz round the map and not die?
Being told exactly how long till the next wave?
Knowing exactly how many of the current wave are left?
I could go on but saying KF is realistic is a joke mate.

Its one of the most pointless games i have played lately.Which is a shame.

Upvote 0
Having a trader who can move shop lock stock and barrel every few minutes to a new location?
Why not just shelter in the shop as she seems able to get through any level and difficulty?
Being able to outrun most bad guys so i guy can waltz round the map and not die?

And obviously L4D is the most realistic game ever?

Upvote 0
Killing Floor is the biggest waste of 20$ since I bought RO and found only about 200 players on it, mostly on servers that had 200+ ping.

This game is so linear and boring it's not funny. None of the enemies include any kind of strategy other than shoot him in the head. Nobody likes to team up very well, and if you do have a server where no-life people continually play with you then eventually you just get bored of the specimens clunky AI.

I came here to try and find some mutators or something that can spice this game up better than dumb and boring sandbox mode which for some dumb reason I can't use perks in (LOL). Instead I find out this game is about as dead as PVK2.

Upvote 0

You seriously need to learn the differences between Realism choices and Gameplay choices.

As far as we know the players were flown in there to deal with the hordes because it was the last known location of the Patriarch. The real question is, if there WAS a reason for them being there, would you give a toss? No you wouldn't, if you came here looking for a story based adventure i think you took a wrong turn at the Steam Store and mean to click on Half Life.

Never seen Counterstrike? Where is the logic in the CTs having to kit themselves out to fight the Terrorists? Its called Gameplay. Much like why both teams are there for the first round with pistols only.

Yes yes we know the Trader is bizarre, would you rather have a 'buy zone'? If that more realistic for you? NO! Its gameplay!

-edy-, we have NO idea how much L4D2 is even going to cost, stop jumping to conclusions that have no basis what-so-ever.

Upvote 0
Why didn't valve just add new maps and new models and junk to l4d 1 instead of making people waste $60 or $50 more to just get the same game with new people, maps, ammo and mele weapons added >.>. they shoulda just added all that stuff to the first one ._.
Considering L4D was 40 dollars from the beginning, and that the amount of levels and content is more than that in KF, then I'm pretty sure the next game which will have double the amount of that of L4D, will be, DRUM ROLL PLEASE! 40 bucks.

Not only that but if you pre-order you usually save like 5-10 bucks. You are being a nincumpoop.

KF needs stuff like mutators and what not pretty pronto, otherwise I'm claiming a loss of 20$ this month for a game I'm already bored of due to having to grind perks in order to play the hardest game mode. Seems kind of childish the whole perk system. If it was more worked on the weapons side, then perks could be obliterated and then sandbox mode would rule the world as the number one fun thing.

Upvote 0
You seriously need to learn the differences between Realism choices and Gameplay choices.

ERRRR no mate.I understand its just a game.
I was making the comment due to this point being brought up.

I like the core gameplay and realism of KF much more
As that must be one of the most stupid things to say about KF.

Upvote 0
L4D is still hovering around position 5 in the steam lists.As it has been for weeks
KF was in 7th place last week.Its now dropped down to 12 place when i looked just now.More people are playing HL2 death match.last week more people were playing Plants verses Zombies.

So i think that does mean a damn thing.Like less and less people are playing KF.,maybe they are bored stupid with it.

You just restated the original "point" that more people are playing L4D and fewer playing KF, which I still don't care about.

It still doesn't mean anything, nor is it an indicator of quality. Read the rest of my post. Then if you have something new to contribute, feel free.

And if you can't see how KF is far more realistic as far as its combat and firearms mechanics than the majority of FPSes out there, you fail.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ERRRR no mate.I understand its just a game.
I was making the comment due to this point being brought up.

Seriously wtf was the point in that long whiny post, then following it up with "i don't actually care i just felt like complaining".

Either you care, as such you registered on the damn forum and came into this thread to comment on it or you don't. Considering your refuting every comment made at you with some lame "zomg realism in a zombie game" bollocks makes me wonder if you even know what your talking about.

Reactions: thrash242
Upvote 0
Wait, did he just say there's no logical consistency to KF while at the same time using Plants Vs. Zombies being played more as proof of something?

The least you could do is make sure some of your own arguments line up.

He obviously doesn't understand how to actually make a logical argument--he just likes being contrary and disagreeing with everything.

Upvote 0