• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Animation breakpoints.

gt___

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 20, 2008
I would like to suggest a solution to a relatively large problem and dislike I see when I play; which is the ability (in RO2) to be able to stop an animation (or action) while in the middle of it. For example, if your in ironsights mode, and you need to quickly run away - you're essentially stuck within that mode until you toggle out of it. Another is reloading, you need to wait until it's completed until you can sprint, or do any other action once again. This applies to almost any animation/action sequence as well; Ex. bayonette on/off, MG positioning, etc.

In terms of an application example, I quite like how in the Call of Duty series, you can just toggle the ironsights (depressed for on, and release for off) - which makes it very quick, and I think more realistic (for aiming).

I would like to suggest a solution to a relatively large problem and dislike I see when I play; which is the ability (in RO2) to be able to stop an animation (or action) while in the middle of it. For example, if your in ironsights mode, and you need to quickly run away - you're essentially stuck within that mode until you toggle out of it. Another is reloading, you need to wait until it's completed until you can sprint, or do any other action once again. This applies to almost any animation/action sequence as well; Ex. bayonette on/off, MG positioning, etc.

In terms of an application example, I quite like how in the Call of Duty series, you can just toggle the ironsights (depressed for on, and release for off) - which makes it very quick, and I think more realistic (for aiming).

i agree with you that its annoying how you cant cancel an action until the animation is finished, but i disagree about the ironsights thing

Upvote 0
Yeah, interuptable animations are hopefuly going to be a big step fowards, but I don't see where you are comming from with IS.

In RO atm if you are in IS and want to move in a hurry, all you need to do is sprint and they lower automaticaly. And you could easily set your INI file up to have iron sights like you described.

Upvote 0