• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Am I the only ONE?

Dudes and dudettes,
I apologize for a very rude and idiotic 17 year old son! I have raised 2, one in Iraq, one in college and this dumbass! In addition to him my wife and I have taken in 4 more troubled children to raise. All are 16 years old or younger. My only real vice is RO and my son is constantly giving me crap for being addicted like I am. In addition to this the oldest of the 4 children ran away from home about 2 weeks ago. (we do know where) Needless to say, we are very upset. So what does my son do? He get in my forums and starts tweaking everyone thinking it's funny. Well, he's "fun" ends tonight.

Please accept my humble apology. I love the mod I love the game and I really like the devs for making the game.

Fat Daddy VIII

Last edited:
Wow, most of your post is pure bollocks, but ill give one comment:

Fat Daddy VIII said:
Lighting is off on all players, it's like everyone is high-lighted! The dark grey german uniforms stand out like sore thumbs! So do the soviets!

You know, when i fired up the beta and played Stalingrad Kessel, i actually felt that very same thing. But after some time, i dont think about it at all.

Upvote 0
Fat Daddy VIII said:
The tank main gun sighting setup has been ruined!

It looks like Call of Duty graphics! (Call of Duty crap graphics!)

At least the MOD hasn't been ruined!

Fat Daddy VIII and RO fan since v1.0

From your comments, I infer that you're saying that Kaukasus, Arad, Basovka, Stalingrad, and Red October look worse than their mod counterparts, which are apparently perfect in your eyes.

If that's the case, then you really don't know what you're talking about and are very much in the minority in this opinion.

As far as the tank guns, it's realistic. Tank gunners didn't have a magical mouse to point their barrels. They used elevation and traverse wheels, which is the system that is currently emulated. I'm the first to admit I didn't initially like the change, but after having used it for some time now, I am thoroughly pleased with it.

Give the game some time. It's been out less than 24 hours. You gave the mod 2 years and saw it go through many stages. RO:O is the next evolution, and personally I feel it is an amazing and well-implemented experience.

Upvote 0
Fat Daddy VIII said:
The tank main gun sighting setup has been ruined!:mad:
It looks like Call of Duty graphics! (Call of Duty crap graphics!):mad:
Lighting is off on all players, it's like everyone is high-lighted! The dark grey german uniforms stand out like sore thumbs! So do the soviets!
Having all out combat on a soccer field never was a good idea (think DoD and MoH:AA):D
It plays like MoH:pA, yes it's that bad!:mad:
It cost $23.00 give or take a fews pennies (read rip-off):(
On the plus side it wasn't $50.00 to $60.00 (think MoH:pA which was the biggest rip-off ever):mad:
At least the MOD hasn't been ruined!:D

This P.O.S. needs a lot of work!
John should heed his only advice, "don't release BEFORE it's ready".

After a few hours I give up on this, what were the bate-testers smoking? I WANT SOME OF THAT SH_T! It's the only way to enjoy the "GAME". I use the word game loosely when refering to RO-O as it barely meets the requirements of the word game! When I played the mod, which I did on several very different computers, (3 to be exact) I expected to tweak it to get it to run smoothly, but I don't expect to pay money for a no sh_t product and then have to spend the next 2 weeks trying to get it to run at some reasonable frame rates!

Yes, you are the only one! Now go away.:mad: I personally love the game, have had some problems getting it going but think that it's well worth it. As for this other guy STFU.

Upvote 0
I never played the mod. In fact I had little idea of what to expect. I play a lot of CoDUO, so that is all I have to compare it to. But I can say with all certainity, that the comments in the first post here are whacked out. I do believe somethings could have been better. But its is a good game. I actually really like the tanks, and the guns. My biggest obstacle is the player animations. But the maps are great, the tanks are great, way better then CoD, and it is a good game. It is very different esperience then CoD, so if that is what you are used to, it will take some time to adjust. If you leave your mind open to this fact, you will enjoy it.

On that note, I have already experienced some crappy servers. They will ruin the game. Karkousas will be a tedious, and irritating experience if the Russian team turns out to be a bunch of campers.

Upvote 0