• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Allow TE matches to start with 1 player but...

gusone

Grizzled Veteran
May 2, 2009
Sidcup
steamcommunity.com
Disable capping/ranking until another joins. Otherwise you can be in limbo for a while waiting for another player before you can even play on your own server. It also puts people off from joining an empty server if they know they can't start until someone else joins. And no changing the gamemode is no the answer for a dedicated TE server.

Hey, won't the full release include bots for servers? That way, in your 32vs32 player server, you could put a "minimum" number of players for the server, which is enforced by bots, which keeps the server alive somewhat, and encourages people to join. (I'd rather play an 8v8 with 15 bots rather than nobody/noboty at all)

At least that was the case in RO1, so I don't see why RO2 shouldn't have it.

Upvote 0
I think that's a good idea.

I don't know if this is related but I think being able to cap before anyone has loaded the game mode should be fixed. Before I even get into the game it comes up on my screen that the "Allies are attacking the Tescos Express" or wherever it is they happen to be attacking and whatnot.

Upvote 0
Hey, won't the full release include bots for servers? That way, in your 32vs32 player server, you could put a "minimum" number of players for the server, which is enforced by bots, which keeps the server alive somewhat, and encourages people to join. (I'd rather play an 8v8 with 15 bots rather than nobody/noboty at all)

At least that was the case in RO1, so I don't see why RO2 shouldn't have it.

Sadly I have already tried that and even having a load of bots set a TE match refuses to start until a second 'real' player joins.

Upvote 0