• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Allow possibility to enter buidlings

Sojuz

Grizzled Veteran
May 21, 2008
Like thread says. I found it very stupid when only thing u can do is to lurk close to corner. Its on spartanovka mainly, also many customs doesnt give the opportunity.
It could give tactical depth to most maps, when u will be forced to fight for each building.

Like thread says. I found it very stupid when only thing u can do is to lurk close to corner. Its on spartanovka mainly, also many customs doesnt give the opportunity.
It could give tactical depth to most maps, when u will be forced to fight for each building.
Agreed..... more buildings should be open. :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Buildings you can't enter are right up there with inexplicably blocked off/shut windows. It just breaks any sense of realism when you have a room with 3 windows, but everyone is clustered around just one because the other 2 are shut/boarded up/have something draped over them. Pretty sure irl such windows would be opened within seconds.

It's just all very artificial and restricting. Creating choke points, and overly used sniping spots. More options would greatly increase re-playability.

Upvote 0
Ok, i understand performance issue refers to spartanovka. But take into account that on many customs we see multi copies of spartanovka's buildings that cant be entered... It definitely breaks immersion.
I remember tough fights for every building on most DH maps, that was great.

Also, interiors doesnt have to be that much detailed as we see for example on apartments. Its destructible in the end.

Upvote 0
There are a few unusual instances in Rising Storm, specifically on Saipan, where there are buildings that have openings that one would think you would have to mantle over to get inside when in actuality you simply can't enter them and they are just a gigantic piece of "cover." These buildings frustrate me to no end; the Spartanovka ones make some sense, but one would think that even just a few of those buildings would allow entry or have open/half-open windows facing the Allied/Axis reinforcement routes.

Upvote 0
Buildings you can't enter are right up there with inexplicably blocked off/shut windows. It just breaks any sense of realism when you have a room with 3 windows, but everyone is clustered around just one because the other 2 are shut/boarded up/have something draped over them. Pretty sure irl such windows would be opened within seconds.

It's just all very artificial and restricting. Creating choke points, and overly used sniping spots. More options would greatly increase re-playability.

I totally agree with this. Overused sniping/MG spots is right on the money. Once you learn a map, you pretty much know where to look! Need more randomization with that. Also helps with a more realistic immersion.

you cant compare Ro1 and ro2 maps like that. Again, performance.

On performance, I know nothing about how much it would take to make that happen. Any developers/modders/someone have more insight to that? Also, if it's not too incredibly much in the way of performance, it should be done. We can't cater to people who use computers from 1492 when Christopher Columbus sailed the ocean blue. Times are 'a changin' and we need to upgrade to get better things, ya know?

Upvote 0
On performance, I know nothing about how much it would take to make that happen. Any developers/modders/someone have more insight to that? Also, if it's not too incredibly much in the way of performance, it should be done. We can't cater to people who use computers from 1492 when Christopher Columbus sailed the ocean blue. Times are 'a changin' and we need to upgrade to get better things, ya know?

Id recon there is a larger huge difference when switching engines from 2.0 to 3.0 in Unreal.

More open buildings ofc mean more resources needed. OR you do it like univermag where you create the illusion of all beign open ( altho, univermag has ALOT of open windows, large streets and runs fine ) but in the end retrain you to certain paths.

And ofc it whould be intresting to hear from a mapmaker/technician how all those things factor in.

Upvote 0