• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ALL KF2 Weapon Skins - You wanna see em? Here they are

I would clientside them, but there's no point because replacing MATs screws up the game. At the moment you can clientside them, but they will look lame and almost always washed out. I tryed it, and results were dissapointing.

IF TWI allows MAT modding, we can clientside everything pretty much. Otherwise you can't do ****.

Upvote 0
I would clientside them, but there's no point because replacing MATs screws up the game. At the moment you can clientside them, but they will look lame and almost always washed out. I tryed it, and results were dissapointing.

IF TWI allows MAT modding, we can clientside everything pretty much. Otherwise you can't do ****.

I just tried it with a few skins, switching between having the actual item equipped and just having it set as the clientside skin, and I couldn't see any differences the _MAT file would have anything to do with. A few skins use a custom _MAT, (I think Rusted Death does) but certainly not all, nowhere near.

Upvote 0
Can you send me link to files? I'll show you diffrences

If you're asking me to send you the 100+ mb _tex.upk files, that's silly. You already have them.
If instead you're (much more likely) asking me to show you my own screenshot comparisons, I repeat: yes, some skins use custom _mat files. But not all. Nowhere near all. Woodland and Aeronaut, SCAR | Stories of war, etc, there's a fair chunk that don't utilize any material instance constants.

Upvote 0
I asked 2nd. How on earth you can get good looking 1st person texture for any skin, if you can export just _D texture? Oh by the way those skins you listen all have mats. So it's pretty much impossible to mod it and play online.

I export the diffuse texture using umodel and import it over the default weapon texture in the SDK, and then transfer the new _TEX file over.
For example, here's what the actual Aeronaut skin looks like, partially worn:
Spoiler!

VS When I have it modded in over the vanilla bullpup (there's no wear on it because I exported the mint version of the texture)
Spoiler!

Keep in mind that all the _MAT file controls are, well, the MATs. Material Instance Constants. The _TEX file has the Diffuse, bumpmap, specular, subsurface scattering, etc. (although from seeing you so often in modding discussion I'm sure you already know that)

Upvote 0
Thats great! ALL THESE SKINS designed for toddlers and infants and its a "mature" game? Why is KF trying to be like Call of Duty... CSGO made the mistake of losing integrity in this direction as well.

No Olive Green skins...

No Flat Dark Earth...

No stippled handgun and modded slides...

if you want some pointers on how gun modding generally looks like

look through these for starters

https://www.facebook.com/SalientArm....1455146430./1091892110855495/?type=3&theater

Also since sharpshooter is around corner...

I wish there would be turban wrapped skin for a sniper rifle

Upvote 0
I like the zed killer, dragonfire, and cyberbone ones a lot. Some of the others are good too like circuit glow (although it's way too expensive).

I never liked camo skins, and the stories of war skins all look ugly to me.

The precious gold skins look too pastel-y, the gold skins in KF1 were good because they fancy designs on them but these are kinda bleh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thats great! ALL THESE SKINS designed for toddlers and infants and its a "mature" game? Why is KF trying to be like Call of Duty... CSGO made the mistake of losing integrity in this direction as well.

No Olive Green skins...

No Flat Dark Earth...

No stippled handgun and modded slides...

if you want some pointers on how gun modding generally looks like

look through these for starters

https://www.facebook.com/SalientArm....1455146430./1091892110855495/?type=3&theater

Also since sharpshooter is around corner...

I wish there would be turban wrapped skin for a sniper rifle

The characters we play as are anything but professional, held-back, or subtle. We're talking about a bunch of mercs who are not only borderline unfazed by a chainsaw-armed giant, but are so showy that the tactic of "run up and smack it with a hammer" is a common enough tactic that their sponsor company is willing to produce hammers for them.
They're not professionals.
They're a money-grubbing day trader, a reckless DJ, an action movie actor, a "disenfranchised youth", a bodyguard company chief, a disillusioned soldier, a london bobby, a WW1/2 era german soldier, a priest, a cosplayer, and a biker. They're gonna get gaudy. They're gonna get gaudy as hell, and their users are for the most part of the same attitude; you really think a DJ's gonna go for a flat olive drab rifle when instead he could get one loaded up with glow paint and LED's? You think a french punk's gonna go for "dark earth" instead of black and yellow stripes with some spraypaint? The zeds know where they are regardless of what they look like, tactical paint has as much use against them as day-glo orange; might as well touch up your gun a bit while waiting for your chopper to drop you off at west london.
Is it stupid? I mean yeah, sorta, but the skins more or less fit with the general way the characters and universe handle themselves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0