• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Alienware

I have an Alienware M17X R2 ;) 2010 edition.

I really dont like some of the comments you people should try and study these laptops they are made to last and made to game on the go they are the best in the world and very limited number ever get to own one being myself etc.

The game after the recent patch runs fine.

If you want any general advice message me the amount of noobs in this thread is unreal ;(.

I think half of the posters in here either have never had an AW or somehow think hating on them is funny well its not at all its quite offensive and highly upsetting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks again guys...Especially the last comment about AW. I just simply wanted to know how it was running on these (newer model systems). I am going to be getting one (my second one)..an wanted to know how they were fairing on this game. It arms to be all over the.place on running for people. Some can run.great on systems that barely.meet requirements an others on top off the line rigs can't even play it ...tale care all an thanks for thin input really appreciate it. ;)

Upvote 0
I understand you messaged me and i would like to thank you for doing that as i detailed i will gladly help you with a build anytime you like.

Also can provide advice for you anytime you need it im always here.

I do apologise for bringing the thread back up but i felt like i should of said something i logged out you see i have been working hard recently getting artwork for my upcoming RO2 Mod.

I hope you appreciate what i have to offer mike again thank you for messageing me i look forward to hearing from you and also wish you luck if you plan to purchase an alienware machine.

:D

Upvote 0
I think half of the posters in here either have never had an AW or somehow think hating on them is funny well its not at all its quite offensive and highly upsetting.

Sorry m8, but the prices take the absolute michael. There is nothing to like about them. They take a PC and double it's cost by sticking on a silly badge, now that is upsetting :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Alienware does the same thing as Apple, they take regular hardware and smack them in cool casings coupled with a cool brand that somehow makes the PC worth 5x the price of the components. There's absolutely no reason to want AW unless you're 13 and think it's "beast".

Assembling a computer is as easy as LEGO, every component comes with a step-by step guide to install.

Upvote 0
Alienware does the same thing as Apple, they take regular hardware and smack them in cool casings coupled with a cool brand that somehow makes the PC worth 5x the price of the components. There's absolutely no reason to want AW unless you're 13 and think it's "beast".

Assembling a computer is as easy as LEGO, every component comes with a step-by step guide to install.

Over here it's just as expencive to buy a pre-built comp than it is to make one :/

Regardless it's his choice and his preferance so don't bash him for it.

Upvote 0
Over here it's just as expencive to buy a pre-built comp than it is to make one :/

Regardless it's his choice and his preferance so don't bash him for it.

I don't know what components cost over at Kiwi Land, but to clarify, I was just expressing my opinion on AW and didn't intend to bash.

On a side note, AW will get bashed by anyone who has a bit of knowledge about PC hardware.

Upvote 0
I just wanted to know about the "Running" issue....Not all this other 2cent comments. I should have know better....ask simple question ....get a bunch of BS...
Thank you to all that have given some helpful info...to rest.....you know what to do.

Exactly when you get your machine i look forward to seeing some pictures and some gameplay videos if your up to that goodluck mike and all the best with it :D.

Upvote 0
I refuse to buy Laptops because they are overpriced, small, not upgradable (some are a tiny bit) but yeah.. untill I can build a laptop from scratch like I do with my towers I will never own a laptop. My girlfriend gamed on a laptop (now my fiancee) and it was crap so I built her and I two awesome gaming rigs and she loves her desktop.

I understand why people want/need laptops but I don't understand why you would want one for gaming. Gaming should be done on a desktop with a big *** monitor and awesome keyboard/mouse. Not a tiny little 15" screen with crap keyboard built on and the crappy built in speakers etc.

/endrant sorry I'm a bit biased haha

Upvote 0