• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design After recent update Building Lights causes Bugsplat

Try going into world properties and ticking force no precomputed lighting (or something like that) then build lighting if it works then untick the box again.

Not tried it yet but could be a shadow map issue doing it like above with remove them and then recreate them, worth a shot but not at a pc atm to test

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah happening here too, REALLY bad timing with voting for the competition about to start.

Try going into world properties and ticking force no precomputed lighting (or something like that) then build lighting if it works then untick the box again.

I tried this, it does work if it's unticked but when I re-ticked it it went right back to crashing.

Upvote 0
Well you can atleast untick it for now until a fix is released, it will not make a difference then just enable once fixed, out of interest did you build all after unticking? rather than just the lighting?

You could also delete your shadercache in the unpublished folder (ALWAYS back it up first) then open sdk open your map and compile , this will then compile the shaders again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well you can atleast untick it for now until a fix is released, it will not make a difference then just enable once fixed, out of interest did you build all after unticking? rather than just the lighting?

You could also delete your shadercache in the unpublished folder (ALWAYS back it up first) then open sdk open your map and compile , this will then compile the shaders again.

I built all after unticking but only built lights after re-ticking. Just tried deleting the shader cache and no luck there either unfortunately, thanks for the suggestions though.

Upvote 0