• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Linoleum

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 18, 2006
Midlands UK
hey guys, im a player of the UT mod version and i just purchased ostfront thru steam today and downloaded it, all runs great, except the loading times are really long, i only have 512 ram and im looking to get another 512 soon, just wondering if these problems are because of not enough ram? i can run the graphics on full put it will lag a bit every 40 seconds (specially the mouse), or when ther is alot of vechles.

also im an AOL user and i heard about this aol and RO server problem. i cant connect to any servers (that i added to favorites) i get the 'this version of RO:Ostfront in incompatible with the server you are trying to connect to'message everytime i try to connect!

also, if i re formatted my comp or anything, do i only need to dl steam and put my password etc in then i can play it straight off? i used it wen i played half life 2, but was never into it much!

great game though!
thanks in advance!

If you reformatted you would have to redownload the game. Also yes it might be due to the amount of RAM you have. For example I have a gig of ram and I am on a DSL connection and it takes me like 20-30 seconds to load the map, yet some people with more ram and on a higher connection load the game alot slower than I do. Have you tried setting precache to false in the RO.ini file?

Upvote 0
thanks, that seemed to help alot, i defrag'ed my computer too, made the loading times shorter and less system lag, but i think another 512ram will help an awful lot.
i manage to join servers but sometimes i get in the game and i cant move and no one else is moving and my ping was only 90ish at the time, any help on that?
cheers!

Upvote 0
I've been reading here and posting and considering buying the game if it's been smoothed out since the mod. After the problem you just pointed out of not being able to move and such, I know that a MAJOR (!!!!!!!) problem has not been fixed.

It is taking yours (and mine, in the mod) computer so long to load the server is kicking you for inactivity before its finished loading!

I quit for this reason, and I will wait for an update/fix before I buy this game.

Upvote 0