• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

add more recoil/sway

illinifan

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2007
sorry if this is a repeat thread, but right now it is way too easy to run around hipshooting as the MG, and a skilled bolter can get 150+ every round because of the lack of weapon sway. not to mention the mp40 at long distances. right now, it seems that proning is useless because of the accuracy while standing and crouching. just my 2 cents.

also, is pistols in realism a glitch?

amazing game :IS2:

Last edited:
sorry if this is a repeat thread, but right now it is way too easy to run around hipshooting as the MG, and a skilled bolter can get 150+ every round because of the lack of weapon sway. not to mention the mp40 at long distances. right now, it seems that proning is useless because of the accuracy while standing and crouching. just my 2 cents.

So weapons just sway in your arms irl? Hmm... I didn't know this. *grabs AR-15* ... Maybe if you are a weakling. I can hold my firearm still (minimal sway) for longer than a match lasts in RO2.

Upvote 0
Recoil should be whatever those weapons are like to shoot. 7.65mm or 9mm heavy SMGs with shoulder stocks don't have a whole lot of recoil. Shooting standing with the machineguns seemed too stable for me. I've seen videos of people shooting said weapon standing and it was pretty wild in bursts.

The benefit of prone is of course councealment and being a smaller target. There is pretty good sway in the game (which is much worse standing compared to prone) but that sprint key hold breath feature makes it a non issue.

Upvote 0
Recoil should be whatever those weapons are like to shoot. 7.65mm or 9mm heavy SMGs with shoulder stocks don't have a whole lot of recoil. Shooting standing with the machineguns seemed too stable for me. I've seen videos of people shooting said weapon standing and it was pretty wild in bursts.

You mean like this guy?

AVT-40 rifle - YouTube

Compared to someone who knows what they're doing...

FN Fal full auto - YouTube

and for ****s and giggles... @ 0:34

Gun safety fail - Russian Girl Shooting AK 47 - YouTube

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if the game has the correct velocity for each firearm/round but if not that would be a really easy fix for the SMGs since the 45 acp round or w/e they shoot has a pretty low velocity in comparison to rifles which makes them less effective at longer ranges. I too feel SMGs feel just a little too much ATM. I practice a ton with rifleman and MG and yet the few times I've switched to Assault I felt much, much more productive. I have a question myself though, is the Elite Rifleman intended to be all around better than the Rifleman for the lucky few that grab them or is their some disadvantage they have in comparison?

Upvote 0

I'd have to say that the weapons handle just fine in the time I have played. The MP40 has a slow ROF and higher accuracy but the PPSH has a much higher ROF and a bit more recoil. Its a pretty good balance. The rifles handle just fine and I have not used the MGs too much to comment on them specifically.

Upvote 0
So weapons just sway in your arms irl? Hmm... I didn't know this. *grabs AR-15* ... Maybe if you are a weakling. I can hold my firearm still (minimal sway) for longer than a match lasts in RO2.

when aiming down iron sites IRL, your arms twitch and you'll notice the front post sight will sway within the center of your rear peep sights until you steady your breathing.

So far breathing is modeled but there's little to no sway?

reducing the effectiveness of proning & crouching to steady your weapon.

BTW Modern AR-15's are relativity light in comparison with WW2 wood and steel

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Well right now. That is Nothing like it is in game. In game the MG Gunner is running around pretty fast hipshooting the MG pretty accuratly at will.

The video he is clearly bracing himself for the recoil. Kinda of like in RO1 where you had to right click to hipshoot the MGs and you would be really slow. I prefered it this way.

What are we seeing in that video.

A guy dressed in German WW2 fatigues. Bracing himself and firing burst of a HMG from the hip.

Would something like that be hard, hell yeah. Is this guy a trained soldier? What is his grouping? How often has he done this? What kind of physical shape is he in?

I am not saying its accurate, but just seeing a guy shoot off bursts of a HMG with no info proves absolutely nothing!

Upvote 0
There should be more weapon sway and recoil. The game isn't as realistic as RO1, which I'm sure we all love. The WW2 guns don't seem heavy in this game. The Kar98 is quite heavy, as well as the other rifles. The MG's are surely heavy and there should be a decent dose of sway and recoil with them.

Upvote 0
Personal experience

Personal experience

this is my personal experience in the Canadian Army. As a Infantry Corporal in the Queen's Own Rifles Of Canada I've fire a variety of military weapon ranging from m16 assault rifle to m72 Law. From my experience the sway in the game well using a iron sight is ok though i can't say the same in well your using a sight. Well on the subject of the recoil of the battle rifles such as the Gewehr 41 and (GPMG not LMG) such as the MG 34. There recoil is completely dependent on your position and how much you leaning into the weapon. If you can see the video above of the mg34, you can see he really leaning into it kind of like a semi knee or squat. I've fire the FN MAG in standing before which uses almost the same round as the mg 34 and litterer you have to lean all your body weight forward plus put the butt of the GPMG on your to have any kind of a good grouping. That is why i loved the original RO because I can practice military SOP in a environmental that had weapon with realistic recoil not like it is right now in RO2.

To make a long story sort i hope TWI take a better look at the current recoil of the weapons because there no way a solider of any kind can blast of 8 rounds in under 15 seconds from a battle rifle like the Gewehr 41 and still have a grouping smaller then the size of a window, and not have his rifle pointed in the air unless the thing was bolted down on a tripod or if he was firing blanks.

Upvote 0
There should be more weapon sway and recoil. The game isn't as realistic as RO1, which I'm sure we all love. The WW2 guns don't seem heavy in this game. The Kar98 is quite heavy, as well as the other rifles. The MG's are surely heavy and there should be a decent dose of sway and recoil with them.
Yeah the game isn't realistic ar RO1, it's more.

Upvote 0