• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Abomination buff

I agree the Abomination is too easy and therefore not that enjoyable to play against. The changes they made to him this past year have been improvements, but he's not quite there yet.

One idea that will definitely make him better to play against is to replace some of the small Zeds that spawn in with Bloats. Not only do Bloats match the Abomination theme, but they can block escape routes, making it harder for the players to outrun the Abomination and the Abomination Spawns.

Another idea is to give him a moderate ranged "projectile vomit" attack so he has a bit more range against players.

Reactions: MrtPsr
Upvote 0
Unlike most people, I never thought the Abomination to be particularly easy. It certainly isn't as cheap as he used to, but I don't think he went from OP to UP. No sure, if you know the map layout well and if you don't over-stock, you'll probably be able to outrun him quite easily. And as such, I totally agree with Mister Master's idea of giving him a projectile. I believe it is the only boss who has no real way to attack you at range, besides swarming you with bile monsters. That's definitely something that should improve the fight, rather than merely "sucking out" players (kinky)

I totally disagree on the bloat spawn idea however, even if it would fit the "King Bloat" idea behind the Abomination. Bloats are some of the most annoying opponents in the game, as they can take a ****-ton of punishment unless you shoot the head, and their blinding bile is arguably even more annoying that the damage they deal. Considering KF2 also have a "teleporting problem", fleeing from the rushing Abomination only to meet a bile shower would be not only pretty annoying but also feel very unfair (and unfun). Plus, in a way, the mines he lays out are already meant to hinder your mobility and escape routes.

Upvote 0