• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A simple poll

A simple poll

• Dissapointed / Not satisfied

Votes: 243 43.5%
  • Happy with it

Votes: 316 56.5%

• Total voters
I put down disappointed for the moment, but I have high hopes that the mods, maps, and mutators that should be showing up soon will allow us to change the things that bother us, and I can change my vote to "happy with Tripwire and with the community of realism mods, maps and servers."
I agree that mods COULD save this game, but I don't vote my satisfaction with a game based on what mods could do to improve it. I base it off of the product out of the box, or at the very least a week or two post launch.

PS: Haven't see you in a while! take a sabbatical from the forums or something? lol

Upvote 0
In its current state I'm not happy. I suffer from some of the more serious bugs and they really detract from the gameplay.

Not that the gameplay makes me euphoric either given the dumbed down level of not-so-gritty realism we've been handed in the so-called 'hardcore realism' mode. I don't understand half of TWI's decisions regarding the game but I'll stick by the devs until they're done because through my 7 year obsession with RO1 they've gained a fan for life.

I don't think it helped looking forward to RO2 for 4 years.

Come on TWI, make us happy! :(

Upvote 0
In Theory this game is awesome. But atm i get random crash, sound disappear on mapchange, ingame music loops after 1-3sec of song, stats dont work i was bumped from lvl 5 to 41 with randoms stats on all weapons and before that they never updated.

So no im not happy with the game in its current state.
But when its more or less bug free its a big YES.

Upvote 0
Huge RO fan and been waiting for RO2 for a LONG time. Thought about it for a while and had to select 'disappointed.' I just don't have the same "epic" feel I have when I played RO and it's mods. Also the 'buggyness' is very distracting.

However, I know TWI will get things right on the bug front...just don't know if the "epic" combined arms feel will be there in the future.

Upvote 0
Can't really answer the poll at this point. While I'm happy with most of the way the game is playing nobody yet knows if TWI are going to do away with some of the more outrageous design decisions, specifically the auto-balance and class-thieving. They don't happen often but when they do I get seriously angry and if they become more frequent I don't see myself carrying on with the game, I don't need that kind of immersion and experience trashing frustration in my game time.

Upvote 0
At first, i was super excited for the game, but i have only played it for a few hours, dont know what it is, maybe the small cramped maps and the bugs, i personally i hate how demo recording does not work, that really makes me not want to play it.

You might think im wierd or something but i just love making good fragmovies from the games i play, and if i can not make stuff like that it really discourages me from playing.

So i went back on dod:s & other source games + cod4 promod, since those games have amazing movie making capabilities.

Upvote 0
Happy with it.

It's not really the RO1 that I enjoyed for so many years but it's really not COD or MOH or BF...

Satisfied now and confident it will only get better.

I put satisfied in the hopes of better things to come. However the poorly thought out optimization untimely and random CTD is really killing my desire to play this game. Plus the maps arent horrible but.....they do need to be a bit larger. TWI come thru on this please !! because at its core , its still a great game.

Upvote 0
A mixed bag, but I chose disappointed as I'm leaning more towards that than overly satisfied. There are too many bugs, the constant map / team switching every 90 seconds (it seems like it anyway) and the fact you get shot 15 metres out of spawn make it too frustrating to play. There's a very thin line between 'realism' and frustration, and when you cross it you make the game less enjoyable to play...

On top of that, I dislike tank combat immensely (the major thing that made me fall in love with DH), the campaign is shoddy and there's no practice / skirmish mode that lets me play offline on a map of my choice against bots I can practice against.

Oh, and the watery icing on the cake is Punkbuster.

Overall, 6/10 - which by my standards for TWI games I consider poor-to-average.

=/

Upvote 0
One of the most intense, suspenseful(?) , fun games i've ever played while still retaining realism and EPICNESS. Sure it isnt as real as RO1, but it sure as hell keeps me on the edge of my seat everytime i play. VERY INTENSE for me. IMO, its an amazing game. dont like the bugs, but once those are ironed out it'll be great. Dont get all the hatin' really.

Upvote 0
It's a good game, the bugs will be stamped out, but I feel like TWI tried to please both the realism crowd, and the arcade crowd, and ended up flopping, not achieving enough for either side. This is the problem with games nowadays, devs are always tying to please everyone, but just castrate the game. Take a look at what DICE has done with the BF series. Every game through BF2142 was awesome, BF2 being the most popular. Then they do the arcady BF:MC for consoles, good game. BFBC for consoles, good game. BFBC2 for consoles, complete pos game. Now BF3, the supposed successor of BF2, is looking like a hybrid between BF2, BFBC2, and the newest MoH game. IT would have been so much better had they done the BF2 formula, instead of makeing it even more arcady with stupid things like 3d spotting, health and vehicle armor regen, 4 man squads, and some other annoyances for the old BF fans, however, i having digressed for too long. think i'll go play some ROostfront now...

Upvote 0
I've played RO since the beginning so I can compare the proverbial apples with apples.

My $0.02 worth (or $40.00 worth :p) is that I like RO2! I think its an excellent sequel to RO1 with better graphics and gameplay. Yes, there's some obvious issues which ALL games have on release, however there's really no other game like it out there. I know I shall be playing this in 3 months when the majority of players will be banging away at BF3, which will leave the core players on the handful of servers remaining (like with RO1) - THEN it'll be a lot more fun.

Upvote 0
They narrowed themself with the focus on Stalingrad. For me most of the maps kinda feel the same.

That's not a big problem.
Some of the best maps in RO were urban maps, like Leningrad or Koenigplatz. Gumrak itself is not in Stalingrad but 15 km outside the city.
For future maps you may consider also the near Don Front, an open field theatre.

The current maps are just not enough, we need more. And i guess more will come soon.

Apartments itself is a bad version of RO_Danzig, probably the most overplayed map ever.

Upvote 0
I'm not satisfied with RO2 at all.

Red Orchestra 2 is flawed by design. The fast aiming down the sight,ability to fire accurately right after sprinting,and the ability to fire WHILE going into ironsights turns the game into a twitch shooter. Everything that appealed to me in Red Orchestra Ostfront is GONE! The game has become a generic shooter. What's the point of having a freeaim system if you can instantly go into ironsights?
(In red orchestra ostfront it took 3 seconds to go into ironsights and there was allot of sway)

Why did tripwire have to ruin the tank controls by FORCING me to look through the scope to turn the turret? (I cant turn the turret while looking through my periscopes or out the top because W,S,A,D is used to control an ai driver)

Tripwire is NOT trying to appeal to Ostfront fans,what they are trying to do is appeal to the players who thought Ostfront was "too different from battlefield" so they made the game more generic by taking out some of the best features (and adding stupid features like repairing your tank or replacing the crew).

The infantry damage system is horrible. Instead of having a "nolonger able to sprint or aim steadily" penalty,players now have to bandage themselves and hope that the CTRL button doesn't put them into cover instead. Since CTRL is the all-in-one button,trying to giving ammo to a m.gunner results in your guy going in and out of cover.

The voices don't help the game at all,all those do is either give away the positions of enemies or announce to a nearby enemy that you are in a nearby room (There are no more surprises in this game).

The points/unlocks system favors camping and killwhoring rather than working for your team.

Perks and everything else make it even clearer that Tripwire is trying to make Red Orchestra 2 similar to battlefield/call of duty.

Upvote 0