• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A question about acquiring the female character

Hehehehehe, makes sense for TWI not to release it to the general public. If Iceberg have specifically paid them for this DLC skin to boost sales of the KF Gold Edition, it is only fair for TWI to to keep it exclusive to them unless given permission otherwise.

I think this can only be a positive, even if Iceberg don't release this current skin for sale to the regular community, the new voices, rigs and animations are in place for more female characters to come along.

On a side note I hope that this particular character doesn't appear in my character list as a locked character. That would be a little irritating :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
On a side note I hope that this particular character doesn't appear in my character list as a locked character. That would be a little irritating :)
Most likely it will, it's a DLC character, just like Bunglebuck Archfeld, Pyro, etc. They all show up on the character list regardless of promotion and acquisition method or lack of. I'm a completionist so I'm going to get the boxed copy and it works out better for me because I wanted a physical copy of the game the first time I bought KF. Now I can have the box and the new DLC character. :D

Upvote 0
You're an idiot. You completely misunderstand the situation.

Tripwire outsourced to Iceburg. Iceburg made the content. TWI sell the content.

Where have I got it all wrong.

Sure there are a few minor details missed. I dont know about the marketing plan. How much Iceburg get and how much TWI get.

But its the same start and end results. TWI made the decision. It falls on their shoulders.

Upvote 0
Gibby STFU you arse licking little grub.

What I do in my spare time is absolutely no concern of yours.

Tripwire outsourced to Iceburg. Iceburg made the content. TWI sell the content.

Iceberg have been here since the beginning. Iceberg PAID for the content for Tripwire to make it. Iceberg sell the content.

Upvote 0
What I do in my spare time is absolutely no concern of yours.

No argument there, but dont turn around and try and flog me a dead horse.

Iceberg have been here since the beginning. Iceberg PAID for the content for Tripwire to make it. Iceberg sell the content.

My apologies, I did get a detail or two crossed there. But either way, still the same start and end results. TWI made the decision and it was a crap one for the community and yet people are still sucking on their toes.

It was great for them, bam they got paid.

Upvote 0
Didn't care about KF till RO2 flopped? How about the years of free updates and content we had even when RO2 was in development?

Yeah, they've cared about KF for quite a while, and I applaud them for that. But the way they're forcing people to buy a full, brand new retail copy of a game that they already have just for a character is pretty low.

That said...I'm impressed by how hard RO2 has flopped. I haven't been playing it (Didn't care for RO1), but I've been watching it and it's been an impressive trainwreck.

Upvote 0
I think what people are most upset about is simply the timing of this. A female character has been wanted and repeatedly expressed as something we'd like to have for awhile now... so the response is to release the first one as part of a rather expensive bundle if the character is something you really want to get.

Everything else aside, consider this point. You have to admit it is at least a little bit skeevy!

I didn't care that much about a female character, but I'd probably be irked if I were one that had requested it for who knows how long then when it comes out it's obviously tied to a promotional full box sort of thing that (complete hypothetical opinion here) is trying a bit to exploit my want of such to get me to put in an unfair amount of cash for it. :(

TWI is great, their handling of KF has been great. I wish we'd get bugfixes over skins, but I'm aware of the difficulties of that. I think even with this move they're still a great company - nobody is flawless. I do think that this is a mistake unless they have intentions of releasing more females soon. Not TWI soon, but literally soon. Of course I don't think anyone will care after a few months anyway. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
But no they are not. Read this and nutterbutter's thread and you'll understand the situation better.

Its always the same few people who are defending the actions of TWI until they die, and oddly enough the majority are all Break Blocks Team members. You're either on TWI's payroll, are close with TWI or simply extremely naive.

And you're really starting to get up my nose when you're telling people they dont understand the situation. Its very arrogant.

I think what people are most upset about is simply the timing of this.

Trust me when I say, this is not a timed event. This is a perfectly executed premeditated event. It didn't happen by chance. TWI know people wanted female Chars and they have cashed in on it BIG time.

Only time will tell if existing customers will be stupid enough to buy the new version. And I'm siding that a few will.

Its not about supporting TWI cos they iz the bomb. I'm sorry to say TWI went to that dark place businesses go. And its a dark place where the consumer gets ripped off.

Blah blah blah its not TWI its Iceburg yada yada yada. No, TWI have full control over KF and how it is sold. They've allowed for this poor scheme to go ahead.

I'm not saying they're the worst company out there. But they have stepped over to the side where the worst companies stand with this money milking scheme.

Upvote 0
I'm just going to say, marketing the DLC like that isn't going to make me buy the gold edition, but instead make me not get the DLC.

They're shooting themselves in the foot here.

"Hey new DLC, cool i want it!"
"Haha, you want it eh? Well you're going to have to buy the game again to get it! That way we get more sales."
"Whatever, if i cannot buy the DLC without buying the game for a second, redundant time then it's not worth it."
"Wait, where are you going, come back and buy the game again!"

Rather than making this method of marketing more attractive, they're making the DLC less attractive.

Take from this what you will, but i'm not buying KF again.

Upvote 0
I'm just going to say, marketing the DLC like that isn't going to make me buy the gold edition, but instead make me not get the DLC.

They're shooting themselves in the foot here.

"Hey new DLC, cool i want it!"
"Haha, you want it eh? Well you're going to have to buy the game again to get it! That way we get more sales."
"Whatever, if i cannot buy the DLC without buying the game for a second, redundant time then it's not worth it."
"Wait, where are you going, come back and buy the game again!"

Rather than making this method of marketing more attractive, they're making the DLC less attractive.

Take from this what you will, but i'm not buying KF again.
[Professor Farnsworth]Good news everyone![/Professor Farnsworth]

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1060422&postcount=96

I also added the news to BeyondUnreal's news http://www.beyondunreal.com/view_story.php?id=13585

I've left that new info out of the article for now because the details aren't finalized, I'll update it when everything is worked out.

Reactions: borsdy
Upvote 0