• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A little story and question.

Chadwiick

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 21, 2010
Tampa, Florida
I was playing some Darkest hour yesterday.

I was in a Willy's Jeep and this Panzer IV did not fully realize my buddy and I in our Jeep. We drove around and rammed him in the rear. We blew up of course and I was laughing pretty hard.

When you ram someone does it hurt the tank, vehicle, whatever? I understand blowing up when Jeep meets Tank. I just want to know will both vehicles get damaged in a collision?

Problems are:

Nothing as small as a jeep will be in-game at least at launch.
Jeep probably wouldn't explode IRL, and probably wouldn't do more than an HE round (i.e. Nothing)
I would supposed they don't have any vehicle collision calculations involved because tank on tank hits would be stupid in a normal in-game situation and tank on building probably wouldn't do much to the tank. Besides, tank destruction is based on the penetration of shells hitting vital points in the tank, so I don't think they could give us damage done by collisions since tanks don't have HP like in Battlefield or RO1.

Edit: After much thought I realize the only thing that would happen is the crew getting thrown forward say if they rammed a tank.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was playing some Darkest hour yesterday.

I was in a Willy's Jeep and this Panzer IV did not fully realize my buddy and I in our Jeep. We drove around and rammed him in the rear. We blew up of course and I was laughing pretty hard.

When you ram someone does it hurt the tank, vehicle, whatever? I understand blowing up when Jeep meets Tank. I just want to know will both vehicles get damaged in a collision?

Good question, I would also like to know this, if my loader gets taken out by an enemy tank and that same enemy tank's loader gets killed by a anti-tank rifle, can we start a jousting match using our main guns? :p

Reactions: triple25mm
Upvote 0
There are levels in Bad Company 2 where I don't even use a gun. I just get something fast, head to the outskirts of the map and spend 30 minutes or so running over snipers.

ahah good times
i tried out roadkills on atacama for the pin after playing for a while
it got going good and i was like "why the hell haven't I been doing this the whole time?"

Hitting snipers on the outskirts, doing donuts around cap points, going off a ledge and hitting someone

aaah battlefield moments..

Upvote 0
The most fun Ive had on Darkest Hour would be driving around with a volks wagon / opel blitz. Driving a full car into a tank and exploding and laughing, that or run people over

No, the funnies thing I ever seen was a full jeep (me riding up front) and a stolen volks full of allies crashing. We were driving across a bridge full of smoke, cleared the smoke and saw the volks coming head on. Like Oh Sh** and boom. 8 allies dead in a fiery crash.

Upvote 0
I don't think you guys have seen me (with my buddy GunnerX) play on Darkest hour when we are in tanks....

Mainly when I drive. I always tell Gunner (that's in the Gunner spot... har har, gunner is the gunner) to shoot on the move because... well you guessed it! I ram tanks! This one time in Darkest Hour (Band Camp) I took a hellcat and rammed a camping Jagdpanzer IV in the side and he bleweded up by Gunner's shells of doom. :D

Upvote 0
I don't think you guys have seen me (with my buddy GunnerX) play on Darkest hour when we are in tanks....

Mainly when I drive. I always tell Gunner (that's in the Gunner spot... har har, gunner is the gunner) to shoot on the move because... well you guessed it! I ram tanks! This one time in Darkest Hour (Band Camp) I took a hellcat and rammed a camping Jagdpanzer IV in the side and he bleweded up by Gunner's shells of doom. :D

You actually fired the shell while the barrel was already in the other tank?:p

Upvote 0