• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics A little Help against Flesh Pounds

h4wky

May 16, 2009
I just completed a round, the majority of it on my own against at least 5 flesh pounds plus the usual assortment of other zombies so I thought I write a little tactica against them:

1. Get in the Open - The bigger the space the better chance you have.
  2. Fire & Manoeuvre

FP rage is based on Damage per Second. Using a gun with lower power infrequently allows one to whittle down the FP's hp without sending it into a rage. Say a bullpup or handcannon.

If you want to go the high DPS route, use a powerful weapon, like the Xbox, and aim or headshots. Or hunting shotgun it's body. Or LAW.

The major thing to remeber is that the damage it does about is (i think) around or over 5 times as much. So you can't take very many hits.

Some other tactics include using a high level medic with vest or berserker to tank the FPS for a few hits (this works for lower difficulties only).

Upvote 0
Just whatever you do, don't use a piddly weapon to piss him off. Commandos are bad about this. Yes, the bullpup is great, but no, not even a full clip into the Fleshpound's face will kill it. That just makes it mad. Same for snipers who think they can WTFPWN it with one headshot...no...just angering it...

Another important thing is that after a berserk charge, they stop berserking. IF someone is getting mauled, they can run until it unberserks (Almost definitely taking a hit, but just one hit, not a series of them!) and then back away, making a PLAN to tackle it. If everyone unloads on it like mad when it charges someone, it'll unberserk after hitting him, then IMMEDIATELY berserk again and continue whaling on the poor guy, usually ending him...THIS, imo, is what gets about 2/3 of the Fleshpound victims killed...

Upvote 0
I love joining games, playing the first 2 levels easy then when a flesh pounder pops out. I run away and watch, they go through some motions.

1. Fright (they see it and get scared)
2. Throwing all there nades
3. running ( as its now angered)
4. Dying (whyle screaming on the mic "omfg fking help!!!!"
5. Spectating (whyle i run around 2 shotting it for 2 mins untill it dies"

Upvote 0
Berserker + axe + knows what he is doing. Knife also works if you are bored.

No ammo needed or wasted, no hits taken (ok, maybe 1-2 for the zerker once in a while) and it is satisfying to see someone chopping FP's head off :p

Of course, often this does not work on publics as people keep enraging it and then are "hurr durr halp halp" when they get bumraped while you keep your distance.

Upvote 0
As a berserker I usually just take the head off with a chainsaw (primary fire, not alt-fire like some people try to do). Works most of the time. I saw someone decapitate a flesh pound with a bullpup yesterday, and later on they did it with the 9mm. It's just a case of getting it angry and then shooting at its head, or so he tells me.

Alternately, use the crossbow from a distance and aim for the head. Or you could use the LAW if you don't mind the crappy reload time and the fact that you give him a free smokescreen meaning others can't hit him.

Upvote 0