• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A little advise for tripwire

Pre-order? Maybe. Beta access? Waiting would be a much better idea. But you wanna be careful, they don't want it to scream OMG EARLY BETA ACCESS because in games like Cod, Moh and other clones, the "early beta" is another way of saying "demo that you pay for" and anything that you find and point out in those game's betas rarely (if ever) get any attention.

So really, I vote that TWI keep their current beta plan, but perhaps start the preorders when the current stage of the beta is making progress, and the 10,000 beta key thing is kept invitation only. AFAIK, you don't even need to buy the game to have a look at this beta.

Reactions: Uurastaja
Upvote 0
Pre-order? Maybe. Beta access? Waiting would be a much better idea. But you wanna be careful, they don't want it to scream OMG EARLY BETA ACCESS because in games like Cod, Moh and other clones, the "early beta" is another way of saying "demo that you pay for" and anything that you find and point out in those game's betas rarely (if ever) get any attention.

So really, I vote that TWI keep their current beta plan, but perhaps start the preorders when the current stage of the beta is making progress, and the 10,000 beta key thing is kept invitation only. AFAIK, you don't even need to buy the game to have a look at this beta.

MoH was released in Jan. 2002, and Call of Duty was released in Oct. 2003, a long time before RO., and they set the benchmark for FPS. games at the time, so they can hardly be called clones. If anything it was the other way about.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
MoH was released in Jan. 2002, and Call of Duty was released in Oct. 2003, a long time before RO., and they set the benchmark for FPS. games at the time, so they can hardly be called clones. If anything it was the other way about.

Ro also came about in 2003, and long before any of them, there was D-day 1944, which to my knowledge was the first WWII shooter (that didn't have magical powers, Nazi zombies and Robot Hitler, but if we count that, then Wolf3D was first, obvioulsy).

Upvote 0
Ro also came about in 2003, and long before any of them, there was D-day 1944, which to my knowledge was the first WWII shooter (that didn't have magical powers, Nazi zombies and Robot Hitler, but if we count that, then Wolf3D was first, obvioulsy).

Yea, your right about that I remember in ut2003 i was playing RO early beta when ppsh would bug out and fire until the drum was empty, was funny seeing three ppsh'er running around with their gun firing strait up in the air.

Upvote 0

D-day 1944 was 2004 ;)

Then there was Battlefield 1942 (2002)

One of my all time favorites, but not WW2, was Infiltration: As Real As It Gets
Got the CD (still smile thinking about ZEEP and his "Gimme the CD" rap/song) and the T-shirt

Upvote 0

I know I quote Wikipedia, but as I played DoD in the early days I am quite confident it is accurate:

"DoD began as a Half-life 3rd party mod in 2000."

I started playing at beta 2 though, "release of Beta 2.0 in October 2001".

Not sure what the discussion is about though, but I have always felt that the original Day of Defeat mod (especially beta2) was really special. I remember rather playing that one instead of MoH or BF1942 on LAN etc.

Upvote 0