• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A few points of feedback about the gore

As the title suggests, played the game for a bit, here are a few points of feedback (might add more during the weekend)
*Please get rid of the generic blood on the character as a response for gunfire. RO2 had wounds at the point of impact, hell, even THIS game had those previously (check the boots on the ground trailer around 1:09-1:13, you can see a bullet hole in the jaw), get those back.

*One of the coolest things about RO2 for me was the fact that you could configure the blood and bodies to stay for as long as you want, leading to REALLY neat aftermaths. We still have that in RS2, but messing around with the configs will lead to heavy frame drops. The reason for the frame drops, I believe, is the fact that unlike RO2, bodies are still interactive after death and are affected by physics. If you could make the bodies "freeze" after 10 seconds or so, the way they do in RO2 that would be awesome. Make aftermaths great again.

*The idea of a blood stain below a torn off limb is great, but the oversized blood drops don't look very good for that purpose (oversized blood drops generally don't look very good too). Something that looks more like a small puddle would be great.

Last edited:
Reactions: -Moody-
nilsmoody;n2278372 said:
It's hard to criticize because it's such an early build but I agree with everything you said.

Also, make the "corpse-timer" an option in the options so that more people will see it.

Yeah, this post is definitely not a final critique of the gore (which will be done on release), just a few of the biggest issues I noticed while playing the game

Upvote 0
I do actually preffer the bulletholes over the blood on the limbs, maybe both? I love the new ragdolls, they are more "fluid" and "loose", they hit the spot just right! Are the getting the animated ragdolls on it though? I dont think that ive seen the ragdolls move around after being shot except for when they are burning, can we bring those back?

Last edited:
Reactions: -Moody-
Upvote 0
Honestly this is the time to make a stink. Its early beta. If time in production schedule maybe they can still tweak stuff.

But over the top stuff like blowing off a head with a shotgun is silly sauce. Unless its point blank there is no chance for something crazy like this. Even then eating a shotgun barrel at point blank is not going to remove the entire head. Its going to make you throw up your lunch looking at that mess, but its not going to decapitate.

If you really want to get gruesome their should be arterial blood spurs going on. But I am totally find leaving that kind of nasty out.

Upvote 0
skully172;n2279217 said:
I do actually preffer the bulletholes over the blood on the limbs, maybe both?
I've seen the both part done in Dying Light, looks pretty bad. Would be neat if RS2 had clothes get slowly soaked in blood around the point of impact but even the simple hole + splatter response we have in RO2\Insurgency is better than the generic splatter

Upvote 0
Unus Offa said:
Maybe reduce the blood and have dust puffs instead (one thing I actually liked about the movie SPR), I see it regularly when hitting animals on the hunt, so atleast in urban combat scenarios where there's a lot of dust on the uniforms it's probably very realistic.
I would prefer to see small blood or fabric puffs but I don't know if AMG wants to put in that much effort for the sake of immersion. Isn't that effect mostly Hollywood tho? Maybe if it's up close would a puff occur? Whatever the case, I don't like the current hit indicators. Kinda silly to see giant blood splashes from afar too.

Upvote 0
Skyrilla;n2280284 said:
I would prefer to see small blood or fabric puffs but I don't know if AMG wants to put in that much effort for the sake of immersion. Isn't that effect mostly Hollywood tho? Maybe if it's up close would a puff occur? Whatever the case, I don't like the current hit indicators. Kinda silly to see giant blood splashes from afar too.

Hollywood definitely exaggerates the dust puff effect, but it does occur in real life, I've often experienced whilst hunting game.

And I agree in regards to the blood splashes, it's way over top, infact I doubt you'd notice any in real life unless you hit someone in the head.

Upvote 0
Skyrilla;n2280284 said:

+1 for nerfing the blood puffs

Upvote 0