• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A few minor things...

we need grenades in the shape of a spear. So we can throw them across the map whole map from odessa or danzig over the bridge in to the spawn areas.

btw.

thats what i get while searching in google for "javelin grenade"

newgun.jpg

and people say nade spaming is unrealistic ... it looks almost like a laser turret from star wars or something

"Capable of firing up to 340 rounds per minute, usually in bursts of three to five rounds, the Heckler & Koch GMG pumps out 40mm high explosive grenades to a range of 1.5 kms for point targets, or two kms for area cover."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just noticed that on the kar98k (not sure if it's true for other bolt actions as well) after you fire a round, the knob thing in the back of the bolt gets pulled in as it should, but about half a second later, it pops back out by itself. Aren't those things supposed to stay in until you work the bolt again? After which it gets pulled out and stays that way until the trigger is pulled?

Upvote 0
As I just completed my training with the U.S. Army two weeks ago and am soon to be in Ft. Campbell, KY with the 101st Airborne Division next week, let me address some of these ideas....

Hi everyone.
I've been playing this game since the old ut mod days, and it's still about the only other game I play besides CoH, because it's kicks that much ass.

However, I did notice a few tiny little things that I think would be nice if they were fixed.

I glanced through the idea compilation thread that's been stickied, and haven't seen any of these I don't think, so here they are.

1. Grenades: As of now, grenades make no sounds when they impact the ground to alert people of their presence. They should definitely make a metalic thud or something when they hit the ground or other objects. Also I think they should bounce at least a little bit... right now it seems as if they kind of stick to the ground instantly. And one more thing about grenades, your accuracy should defintely suffer if you throw one while running. They seem too accurate.

I've thrown hand grenades. They don't bounce and they don't make any noise when they hit...at all. DoD grenades make noise, real ones don't.

2. MG tracer rounds: They ricochet off of everything at pretty much every angle...including the ground, which is not very realistic. If possible they should only ricochet off of hard things like metal, wood, or concrete, and only at small angles.
I've fired an M240B 7.62mm machine gun with red tracer rounds loaded about every 10. I saw them ricochet off the ground many times and often spin off at strange angles.

3. Fists: If your only weapon is a rifle, and your hand is shot causing you to lose your weapon, you should be able to use your fists to engage an enemy at close range.
Can't say I disagree here. I was taught hand to hand combat for a very good reason...

4. Weapon pickups: One thing I noticed, is that grenades always fall on top of pistols when people die. Which means if I want to pick it up, then I have to first drop my own grenades just to get to the pistol. It would be nice if this was fixed somehow.
This is rather annoying. But if you consider even the ability to find that sort of stuff amazing...you try to locate equipment that's been dropped in the weeds after you shot someone from 100 meters off...then I'm just glad we can get it at all.

5. Footsteps: Soldiers carry around a lot of stuff (I'm sure WWII was no different), so I think we should hear more than just the the soldier's feet hitting ground when walking/running. The footstep sounds should have more in it... to account for all the things that shake/bounce around when a soldier runs.
If you are sitting on a quite battlefield, I agree. Otherwise, they could come running up, banging a drum and singing at the top of their lungs and you won't hear a damn thing. A battlefield is a very noisy place. Hell, I was in live fire exercises and I couldn't hear my own people moving up on me in full battle rattle.

Upvote 0
HEy

HEy

Not really. The ground is usually soft enough that a rifle bullet flying at around 3000fps will usually drill into it even at pretty shallow angles.
What's really ridiculous is when you're behind a mound of dirt, and an enemy MG fires at you, and you see tracer rounds bouncing around everywhere.

It's good that most of my suggestions have been posted before.
Hopefully that means they will be implemented soon.

Also about the footstep issue, even if they aren't carrying a lot of stuff, you should at least hear your magazines and grenades making noises as they rattle around as you run.
Even without those the footstep sounds themselves are too quiet. Often times someone can be running or sprinting right behind you and you won't even notice.

Have you ever shot a tracer round? They bounce of sand for gods sake... at almoast 45" angle... We fired alot of them in the army and they ricochet all the time...

Upvote 0
I've thrown hand grenades. They don't bounce and they don't make any noise when they hit...at all. DoD grenades make noise, real ones don't.

I doubt they're completely silent like in RO.
You can throw a grenade full force at a wall in RO and you will hear absolutely nothing as it hits it.
I suppose they might not bounce as much, but they should definitely roll at least a little bit.
In RO you can throw a grenade on concrete, and it'll just stick to it without any other motion happening as if the ground was made of duct tape with the sticky side up.
It's especially funny when you throw one down hill and it sticks.

If you are sitting on a quite battlefield, I agree. Otherwise, they could come running up, banging a drum and singing at the top of their lungs and you won't hear a damn thing. A battlefield is a very noisy place. Hell, I was in live fire exercises and I couldn't hear my own people moving up on me in full battle rattle.

I don't have a problem with not being able to hear people during firefights. But I have a problem with it happening when there are no gunshots being fired at all.
During the start of a map when your entire team sprints to get into position, all you can hear are faint thumps.
If you have a group of 16 people running as hard as they can with rifles, mgs, smgs, pistols, grenades, and a whole bunch of other stuff, you will definitely hear way more than just silent thuds.
You can also "sneak" up to an enemy by sprinting to stab them in the back, and they won't even hear a thing.
That's just ridiculous.

I've fired an M240B 7.62mm machine gun with red tracer rounds loaded about every 10. I saw them ricochet off the ground many times and often spin off at strange angles.
Have you ever shot a tracer round? They bounce of sand for gods sake... at almoast 45" angle... We fired alot of them in the army and they ricochet all the time...

Yeah, but do they do this?

RO_tracers_2.jpg

Or this?

RO_tracers_1.jpg

Upvote 0
I did that to show that the ricochets need some tweaking.

You have to be kidding.
Are you saying it's possible to hit yourself in the head by a rifle round that's been shot at a brick wall?
Last time I checked, metal objects rarely engage in elastic collisions with brick objects at those speeds.
But then maybe physics is all a lie, right?

Upvote 0
Yeah and and not so long ago scientists were absolutely sure the earth was flat because of common sense and physics =P

Watch some youtube videos with real MG's modern and old alike will have the tracers bounce off in all directions. Remember, those are only the tracers, the bullets dont bounce off into your face.

proof more or less
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ9OUS795fE

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Until I have evidence?
I'm using physics and common sense to explain things.
Seems to me that you're the one lacking substance behind your claims.
Maybe you should stop arguing until you start putting some thought behind your arguments.

Thank you.

You aren't using physics because you don't know the exact properties at play here.

And it used to be common sense that man couldn't fly.;)

Thank you.:)

Upvote 0
I did that to show that the ricochets need some tweaking.

You have to be kidding.
Are you saying it's possible to hit yourself in the head by a rifle round that's been shot at a brick wall?
Last time I checked, metal objects rarely engage in elastic collisions with brick objects at those speeds.
But then maybe physics is all a lie, right?

Police officers have been shot and killed by their own bullets while trying to hit people that were in front of walls, shooting back. Bullets do that in real life.

Upvote 0
You aren't using physics because you don't know the exact properties at play here.

And it used to be common sense that man couldn't fly.;)

Thank you.:)

So if I told you based off of physical intuition that you can't catch bullets flying at full speed with just your teeth, would you still insist that I provide a video of someone getting shot through the neck attempting so to convince you?
Oh wait, I don't know the exact properties at play here, right?
Don't be ridiculous.

This isn't something like quantum mechanics where the underlying mechanisms are unknown. Kinematics today are developed enough to explain things like this.

I thought I told you to put more thought behind your posts?

Police officers have been shot and killed by their own bullets while trying to hit people that were in front of walls, shooting back. Bullets do that in real life.

And I'm assuming we're talking about pistol bullets here which are very different, because of their shapes which are unfavorable for penetration and low velocities, I can see that happening.
But we're talking about rifle rounds which can very easily penetrate brick because of their high velocities and shapes, and therefore are very very unlikely that they will return to the shooter. Way more unlikely than how the game models them.

A thing to take note is that, if a projectile can penetrate something easily for whatever reason, the chances of it bouncing back are highly unlikely.

Last edited:
Upvote 0