• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design A few mapping Q's

Linoleum

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 18, 2006
Midlands UK
Hey
I searched for but couldn't find any proper answers for my questions, so here goes:

1. Can someone explain the proper procedure (or point me in the direction of a tut) for setting up the trader, ive sorted out getting to her, but i dont get teleported outside the trader doors and just get stuck in the same room (the doors close on me!) I have the teleporters there!.

2. I have pathnoded my whole map and placed traders, but there is no 'red thing' that shows you the way to the trader...

cheers n' beers!
Lino

Last edited:
For the trader teleporters im going to assume this is the step your missing.

""In the ShopVolume's properties under ShopVolume set the URL to the same name as the tag of the teleporters. For example: TraderTeleport1""

also make sure you copy a kflevelrules node from any other map or the trader rom example and paste into your level somewhere. hope that helps~

Upvote 0
that will get you the trader, but what about the red line the shows you where to go?
It shows up automatically as soon as you have a network of paths that connects to the trader. At least it did on my end. Before I had trader doors, trader teleporters and KFLevelRules, so I'd have to say those things have nothing to do with it. All you need is a working network of paths that lead to a ShopVolume.

Upvote 0
ok, thanks guys Ive sorted the problem.

With not being teleported out of the trader problem, i hadn't set the URL of the trader properly, i put it as the tag of the trader doors, when it should of been the teleporters tag.

For the red direction thingy, i hadnt put pathnodes at the trader doors (or close enough i guess?)

cheers!

Upvote 0