• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A different Boss Every Oficial Map? Not Only Patriarch!

super-fleshpounder? :p

They could have a game mode where every game the next specimin is introduced, and at the end of the round you have to kill the boss of that specimen.

Wave 1 clots & super-clot boss
Wave 2 clots, crawlers & super-crawler boss
Wave 3 clots, crawlers, etc

If they did something like this they could just use the base models and adjust them a bit to suit, so a bit less work.

Upvote 0
I've gamed for 25 years without "achievements" or "trophies". Now everybody is obsessed with these.

Yeah, same here. I've played for around that long and games used to be fun or not fun. You played the fun ones because they're fun and there weren't any virtual rewards to worry about.

If the only reason people "play" a game is to get achievements, increase numbers and the like, something is wrong.

Upvote 0
super-fleshpounder? :p

They could have a game mode where every game the next specimin is introduced, and at the end of the round you have to kill the boss of that specimen.

If they did something like this they could just use the base models and adjust them a bit to suit, so a bit less work.

Great idea. It would make the game a lot harder. Which it greatly needs.

And yah I agree, achievements are for mmo's and rpg games. not fps. everyone is obsessed with their rank.
I remember back in the day when you showed your dominance as a gamer by demonstrating your actual skill. (UT99?)

Upvote 0

This sounds pretty sweet :D

Upvote 0
I enjoy the slow motion death of the patriarch, watching his body parts fly. But I'll agree that I don't like the way he looks, and the voice acting/lines are just terrible. The chaingun/rocket launcher works, but the villain himself doesn't. I like the idea of more bosses, with the random % chance of one of them appearing at the end, instead of the same guy all the time.

As for you guys bashing the whole achievements and trophies system, what the real problem? You'd rather they just removed it? What would be the point of that? It would alienate the people who DO like it. If you don't like it, don't bother with it, don't check the page, don't even think about it. Who cares?
It's not like trophies are something that just came about in the videogame world. Humans LOVE trophies! We've been receiving/taking them for thousands of years. I think everyone likes to have a little reward after they accomplish something, even if it's actual worth is just sentimental, for bragging rights, or just to display your skill.

I like achievements. They're rather new to me, since I don't really play consoles that much, and I like the fact that they give you something to do, and to push you forward. Not to mention, just looking at your trophies, and feeling good about it. If that's not for you, then don't worry it.

Upvote 0