• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A combination of ideas that would allow new content more easily

RuneHarle

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 5, 2011
On Steam: VelvetHarle
While sitting at work bored I developed a few suggestions that I believe would not only give our current community a reason to keep playing but also bring back any older players and possibly some new. I would like to state that I welcome constructive criticism as I have no issues reworking some of the math to accommodate for errors or changes.

Suggestion 1
For this I would like to state that without suggestion 1 there would be no need or want for suggestion 2 or even possibly 3, and yes some of these have been stated but I am introducing them as a package. With all of them together it would add more room for entertainment in the end or at least thats how I feel.

God Save The Queen/End of Times/World

Last edited:
I made some own ideas about - but seem to know of the mathematics behind this (god damn I love it) game.
You will see more, when a mod allows the thread :)

But in short:
Monsters have more dmg/hp/speed
The higher the diff, the lower is the alpha and light-range
you get less money
new monsters and for the highest diff all monsters have new abilities (armored FP with +50% resistances)
the last wave for patti begins with a titan, that has the ability of ALL normal monsters and can spawn them (by HP loss) and he can call for help (all free monsters slots are now filled with FP and Scrakes).
new perks and guns (i want turrets, so i thought about a perk, support gets ammo chests to refill 25% player ammo or 100% on turrets // best new is a dealer, that can drug a player (more atk-spd for berz/ lower recoil for all/ more speed for all cuz monsters get faster)
new ability-items (eg exoskeleton to make you carry a bit more, get a bit more resistance, carry more ammo, but slows you and grants 360

Upvote 0
Until you post suggestion #2 you won't be able to get good feedback. You can get more difficulty simply by disabling perks. No matter how tough the zeds become or how much the player is handicapped , the basic game is still the same. That's why the more talented players say HOE is easy for them. Nothing is forcing them to change the way the play. HOE simply has a low margin for error. To give a better example of changing game play examine WPC's: The Brute. The brute limits player strategies until its dealt with. Brutes being tough and aggressive (kiting becomes hard) makes ALL other specimens more deadly simply by breaking the line. All this is done without gimping the player.

Upvote 0
I didn't understand the reason WHY you want this new difficulty!?

I guessing they like a challenge. Especially as in a coordinated team HoE is manageable. I know there are alot of 6 support or zerker teams but my friends and I manage it with mixed classes. So upping the challenge would be the next step.

Reactions: RuneHarle
Upvote 0
I guessing they like a challenge. Especially as in a coordinated team HoE is manageable. I know there are alot of 6 support or zerker teams but my friends and I manage it with mixed classes. So upping the challenge would be the next step.
Yes I find HoE to not be difficult enough. I would like to see something that takes not only strategy but a bit of luck to complete. I also apologize to everyone for the length of time before my posts as I have been reading the forums for quite sometime, the account has not made very many posts and therefore has to wait on the approval of each one.

Upvote 0
Until you post suggestion #2 you won't be able to get good feedback. You can get more difficulty simply by disabling perks. No matter how tough the zeds become or how much the player is handicapped , the basic game is still the same. That's why the more talented players say HOE is easy for them. Nothing is forcing them to change the way the play. HOE simply has a low margin for error. To give a better example of changing game play examine WPC's: The Brute. The brute limits player strategies until its dealt with. Brutes being tough and aggressive (kiting becomes hard) makes ALL other specimens more deadly simply by breaking the line. All this is done without gimping the player.
It's funny that you mention the brute because when suggestion 3 shows up you'll see that I did in fact mention that ^.^

Upvote 0
If there WOULD be a new difficulty, it should be like this: Everything is like HoE, BUT there can only be two players with the same perk. Thats it. No Zerker-Teams, no Support-Teams. THAT would be challenging.

Sry for bad english, im german^^

No-one would have noticed unless you stated you were German.

Also, for future reference, add that to your profile, so people know :)

Upvote 0