• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

9mm rework: A perk weapon for ALL PERKS

flashn00b

Grizzled Veteran
  • Feb 1, 2011
    Thought i'd make this thread because the 9mm can't please anyone at all, be it because it can't decapitate a clot in one hit or because it doesn't have enough ammo. Maybe these stats could work?

9mm Pistol
    Perks: Everyone (The 9mm Pistol is affected by every perk bonus in the game)
    Damage: 15
    Max ammo: 15+165
    Can no longer be upgraded. Want a stronger sidearm? Shuffle around your perk skills to achieve this

Perks/skills to be adjusted
    Field Medic
    Now has a hidden +34% damage bonus to the 9mm specifically. This allows the weapon to deal just enough damage to decapitate clots

Survivalist
    Similarly to the Field Medic getting a hidden 9mm-specific bonus, the Survivalist also gains a 20% damage bonus to the 9mm

Commando
    Fallback: Bonus damage for 9mm pistol is reduced to 25%. Knife damage bonus remains unaffected
    Hollow Point Rounds: Has a hidden damage penalty to the 9mm of 15%, effectively bringing down the 9mm's bonus damage to 15% (Level 20 commando + HP Rounds - 15% 9mm damage still brings the damage up to 20)

What does my suggestion mean
    Nobody seems to like the 15 damage 9mm and having only 15+75 rounds is also equally hated. My suggestion involves making it so that while the 9mm will start off as a wimpy sidearm, players can use their perk passives and skills to improve the 9mm's killing power. If we're to look at a Level 25 Demolitionist...

Code:
    9mm Pistol                 15
    Level 25 Demolitionist     3.75
    Bombardier                 3.75
    High Impact Rounds         3.75
    Armor Piercing Rounds      7.5
    -------------------------------
    Total Damage (bodyshot)    26.25
    Total Damage (headshot)    33.75

Suddenly, the demo has a free Varmint Rifle. This would also mean that Support and Commando's High Capacity Magazines skills also increases the 9mm's capacity to 22, while Vampire on Berserker will allow him to use the 9mm as a source of emergency healing.

Last edited: