• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad *7GA* 7th Guards Army Recruiting

Nestor Makhno

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 25, 2006
Penryn, Cornwall
Hi all,

I'm *7GA* Nestor Makhno and I've just launched a soviet-themed RO clan in anticipation of the glorious day when RO:O is unlocked.

The things I value most in other clan members are teamwork, technical expertise (damned if I can get PHP-Nuke Clan to work! :confused: ) and the comradeship of fighting side by side in victories and losses with other sussed players.

Got a 24-port gameserver (with TS) that needs converting from DoD:S asap :p

I have started putting up my webbie now at 7th Guards Army Site - it is coming along slowly but surely. Go along - post a shout, register, apply to join but most importantly just have fun.

I predict the RO community is going to be a better environment for more mature players.

Looking forward to seeing you on the battlefield (preferably in my scope)

bannerbg.jpg

Last edited:
Nyu said:
Actually, there was no 7th Guards Army involved with the battle of Stalingrad. The only Guards army to participate was the 1st.

Yup - good point - the 7th Guards Rifle Division was in Stalingrad. The 7th Guards Army did not exist at the time - but it was involved in the southern flank of the Kursk salient.

Also (a sideline here) the 64th Army which took the real brunt of an amazingly brutal battle in Stalingrad was later renamed as the 7th Guards but that came after the war.

For those that want to know 7th Guards St (Ulitsa Sedmaya Gvardeiskaya) is a street running just south of Mamayev Kurgan - where the statue of Rodina Mat' is now located and where 10's of thousand of soldiers died in the most terrible fighting of the battle. (Oh, and Pavlov's house is a 5 minute walk away by Lenin Sq.)

Upvote 0
Dec said:
What time zone are in and where will the server be located?

We are in GMT 0 time zone (London) and our server is located in UK. It is currently running DOD:S but will transfer to RO as soon as we get the green light ;)

Come by our site to read more on the clan, and Golandin is right we do now have some very serious, mature, and teamwork oriented players onboard - some ww2online veterans.

Upvote 0