• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
Yeah - its not really value for money. Good luck to them if they can get anyone to pay for it. I may get them in a sale but, more likely only to get the robot skin. Im more into platinum myself. Ivory or pearl handles on the six-shooters.... now that would have been tempting... :)

Upvote 0
I mean, if I wanted I could do it myself, make a golden skinned weapon and just use it without additional costs other than knowledge and time.

Then do that. Those of us without the skill or knowledge to do it ourselves are willing to pay. Personally I'll wait until they go on sale as $8 for skins isn't worth it to me (no matter how awesome they look.)

Upvote 0
Then do that. Those of us without the skill or knowledge to do it ourselves are willing to pay. Personally I'll wait until they go on sale as $8 for skins isn't worth it to me (no matter how awesome they look.)

This is why I always roll with Deafmute.

I've purchased every KF DLC so far. I've voiced my opinion that $8 for the previous weapon pack was too much for people that didn't catch the initial sale.

$8 with no initial sale is too much. I'm not getting this pack.

Upvote 0
I think they look really nice, but I'm not too keen on paying the price they're asking. If these weapons were different in function like the last lot (I wish there wasn't so much protest regarding that) I would have bought them. But in this case, I'm waiting for the sale.

I'm liking the look of that little robot dude, though...

Upvote 0
well it started! if you dont want it dont buy it you!
you should rember that!

i think tw deservs more than 7EUR from each of us! we should support devs like them insted of complaing about "high" price of dlcs!

you can go for blackops pass for 50EUR if that is better and stop playing kf :)

Upvote 0
Knowing that Tripwire doesn't really have a PayPal donations page or something, I see cosmetic DLC as just a donation with a little extra thrown in as an incentive. That being said, my buying these DLC is just to show my support for TW to continue on with KF-basically a donation. TW devs need to make a living. It's not like they're as big as Activision, Ubisoft, EA or any of the other big names out there, and they push with free content regardless. By selling cosmetic DLC's with free event content, it's mostly just to offset the costs of development (I'm guessing), and it's not like the payment is forced upon you.

And if you have the mentality that these DLC's are just donations for the company, then you should be happy. You should expect little to nothing back on donations, but TW is awarding you with a complimentary skin as a thank you for donating. And remember, it's not like cosmetics affect how the game is to be played.

Character skins are like Payday player masks: you don't even see these aesthetic changes yourself but it gives you the reputation of accomplishing something for these changes (in this case, donating to TW). But the weapon skins are a bit different. You (as the player) can actually see them, as well as other players in the same game.

If TW changed the names of the DLC packs to something like: "Donation Pack 1 (Outbreak)" and "Donation Pack 2 (Nightfall)" then perhaps people's perspectives of these DLC's may change, but ofc we may never know.

Anyhow, this is all just personal perspective.

Upvote 0
If TW changed the names of the DLC packs to something like: "Donation Pack 1 (Outbreak)" and "Donation Pack 2 (Nightfall)" then perhaps people's perspectives of these DLC's may change, but ofc we may never know.

Anyhow, this is all just personal perspective.

If it had been named this way I can guarantee you I would have bought them immediately.

Upvote 0