• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

50p server - Sniper bugged?

Oleg

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 16, 2006
The Wild Bunch 50 player server yesterday, Berezina map (enormously huge map, officially included in the last update, with Germans on the attack, and rounds lasting 40 minutes or something, it has working AT gun for Soviets).

I love this map and think it'a a mapping masterpiece BTW. I played it in all beta versions. I spent good part of my life on TWB server so I know how it plays too.

My ping was normal for a 50p server (80-110).

I took sniper, because I was first to pick weapons, and didn't play sniper for quite a some time.

Yesterday something was very obviously wrong with sniper hit registration. I don't know whether it was the map issue, the server issue, the 50p thing issue, the latest update issue, or what?

Simply put I could not kill anyone. I don't have illusions about my sniping prowess (or the lack thereof) but I cannot possibly be THIS bad. It was my impression the hit registration on longish distances on this map was completely random. 3-4 shots, same place, non moving target, nothing happens with first 3, 4th is a kill.

Anyone else noticed this? Berezina, 50p server, could be really really pushing the envelope of the code one bridge too far (pun intended)....

Bullet drop is a major factor on that map. Your sniper view will also come into play here. Personally I switch to the low-detail model view. My preference is usually the texture view (the high detail model leaves "ghost" images in the scope), but the German sniper rifle has a terrible crosshair for that (the middle point is way too rounded for my tastes).

You'll definitely have to adjust your aim for the longer distances, and also expect that bullet travel time may take a fraction of a second longer than you're used to.

That's true, by the way, of all the weapons. The longer distances will heavily impact bullet drop, so you'll want to adjust your aim accordingly. It'll take some practice, but you'll get it.

I don't know what range our sights are set for in the game, but I vaguely recall that it's something like 400m on a bolt-action rifle.

Upvote 0
I was sniper on a 50 player version of this the other day on the german side and had no trouble at all hitting people. The sites on the rifles are adjusted for... 0 meters Too bad this isnt adjustable in game would work wonders for the large maps to be able to set it at 200m or so for the rifles and 500 or so for the snipers.

Upvote 0