• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

4-14 Live Update Notes

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    • Using the new live update system modified Game Conductor settings to no longer give additional increased movement speed to zeds in Hell On Earth difficulty when the players are performing well.

As a reminder the live update allows us to modify many variables in the game and no longer require a client and/or server update to ship them. The clients and servers will request any updated stats from us and update them between rounds if they find them.

• Using the new live update system modified Game Conductor settings to no longer give additional increased movement speed to zeds in Hell On Earth difficulty when the players are performing well.

As a reminder the live update allows us to modify many variables in the game and no longer require a client and/or server update to ship them. The clients and servers will request any updated stats from us and update them between rounds if they find them.
    Awesome!

I think I'm ok with the spawn rate increase on HOE, it was the rubber bandy wackiness and the buggy slingshotting that I couldn't stand.

Upvote 0
    Not at all.
    Give me a good reason.

Did you ever see a siren/bloat/husk run with that extra speed? trust me they looked stupid.

Also the extra speed pretty much ****ed all precision classes in the ***. It was manageable, but when you do not even have time to align headshots, what good is a gunslinger or a commando?

Solo HoE was also nigh impossible because you need to kite, but you can't since you are always slower than the teleporting and sprinting Zeds.

Upvote 0
    Did you ever see a siren/bloat/husk run with that extra speed? trust me they looked stupid.

Also the extra speed pretty much ****ed all precision classes in the ***. It was manageable, but when you do not even have time to align headshots, what good is a gunslinger or a commando?

Solo HoE was also nigh impossible because you need to kite, but you can't since you are always slower than the teleporting and sprinting Zeds.

Then i remember HOE in KF1 , i like this , after all is the most higher difficulty.

They maybe look stupid thats just an animation issue ,but i allways will support the need to get better instead of this "Casual friendly" decision.
    At least they can lets us the choice of ramp up the GC, something like HOE++.

And as you say maybe balance is broken for soloing in HOE , but after all is a coop game.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Reminder that, according to Tripwire at least, HoE GC only scaled up in difficulty, not down.
    So if you are criticising the fact that zed speed will no longer be boosted, keep in mind that HoE should still be more difficult than it was pre-VS update.
    If you still have criticism, fine with me, I was just surprised to see it so I wonder if there's a misunderstanding.

I make this post assuming I'm not getting anything wrong or misunderstanding the situation, which I probably am.

Upvote 0
    Reminder that, according to Tripwire at least, HoE GC only scaled up in difficulty, not down.
    So if you are criticising the fact that zed speed will no longer be boosted, keep in mind that HoE should still be more difficult than it was pre-VS update.
    If you still have criticism, fine with me, I was just surprised to see it so I wonder if there's a misunderstanding.

I make this post assuming I'm not getting anything wrong or misunderstanding the situation, which I probably am.

I agree with the Scaled up difficulty but IN MY OPINION, the speed of zeds wasnt an issue, they look stupid ok, but that is an animation problem you can keep the zed speed with a normal animation and problem solved.

I play a lot with friends in HOE and wasnt so hard to win Prison.
    GC did a good job making the game challenging but still not imposible , even with zeds coming at that speed.

Upvote 0
    the game conductors movespeed boost gets lower as the difficulties get higher. HOE was only 2.5% so its not that big of a difference. Although I do think zeds on HOE surround you too fast, I think it comes more from out of sight movespeed boost and player movespeed modifiers like encumberment and health based movespeed penalties and that game conductor changing speed would be fine if these were changed.

Upvote 0
    the game conductors movespeed boost gets lower as the difficulties get higher. HOE was only 2.5% so its not that big of a difference. Although I do think zeds on HOE surround you too fast, I think it comes more from out of sight movespeed boost and player movespeed modifiers like encumberment and health based movespeed penalties and that game conductor changing speed would be fine if these were changed.

Do you mean a 25% increase or a 10% increase or a major 30%? I can't believe a 2.5% would do this.

Upvote 0