• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

$1.99?

I bought the DLC by the way, but I still think it's stupid.

I would rather pay a bit more for something substantial like a weapon or map pack. Something that will change the game rather than just show other players that I spent 2 dollars.
i'll sell you some maps for 5 dollars. But then you'd just end up giving them all out for free when you put them on your server o_o

These aren't just reskins of the base characters like you are implying. Is it worth 2 dollars? maybe not to you, but as someone who has done skinning in other games I know it takes a whole lot more time to do what they did then what you think they did. Even if they were just reskins, that still takes a whole lot of time... and the amount of time it would of taken me to do it for free would of cost me more than 2 dollars.

Lots of you guys understandably feel burned by other companies, and lots of other games make their dlc more or less mandatory (like uber weapon packs) but you shouldn't take those feelings out on twi.This is a decent solution to generate more money without forcing any of us to be responcible for that generation. This dlc is just fluff, it isn't needed to play at all and there is no pressure to buy it. You want x y and z for 5 dollars instead? Well...that's fine too. Don't hold your breath or anything. Takes a lot longer to make something like a map pack then it does to do some skins and models and I doubt they want to split their niche player base by making it so half of them can't play certain maps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cheap? All you get is 4 skins! I am a long time supporter of TWI who pre-ordered RO and also own KF. However in my personal opinion this DLC is just sad. With all the great things I have told others about Tripwirte I personally cannot defend them here.

I thought I would only see crap like this working on the kiddies on PS3 and 360 but I guess not. It's crazy to me that a grown man would pay for what his character in an FPS can "dress up" as. If you are going to have DLC at least have it contain something meaningful that actually changes your play experience.

Think of it as a badge to wear that says you're supporting TWI.

Or realize that something cosmetic is the only sensible option for paid DLC - if it was paid DLC that changes your play experience anyone who couldn't pay would be at a disadvantage.

It'd be like those "Free" Korean FPSes where there's a bunch of normal guns, and then there's guns for people who pay for them. These paid guns are always far far superior.

Upvote 0
no way i'd pay 1/4 the price of the game for some character models. However, a price of 2 dollars though doesn't make me think in those terms for some reason... it's just 2 dollars!

exactly - and for that TWI gets some extra cash (which I'd like them to have and thus give me heroes of stalingrad), and we get some entertaining new characters

Upvote 0
I bought the DLC by the way, but I still think it's stupid.

I would rather pay a bit more for something substantial like a weapon or map pack. Something that will change the game rather than just show other players that I spent 2 dollars.

If you want to be a part of a game whos motto is "Cash is king, you buy more you own more" Theres tons of games out there.

Just off the tip of my hat: combat arms and war rock, both are free to play, but not free to "own"

Cash weapons are stronger, lighter(in terms of charaacter speed), and more accurate.

In games where a split second means life and death, those bonuses from cash weapons means the world.

I've played both of those games, and yes I've spent money own people who used regular guns, but after a while you realized its not only your gammning skill that is doing the killing, but your hard earned cash(for those of us who work for every penny of the money we spend). So I left those games for now hoping they fix their stand point on that issue. Well guess what its been over 3 months now and its only getting worse.

I hope tripwire will never ever stoop to those levels.

Upvote 0
Erm, it's TWO DOLLARS! And not buying the DLC doesn't effect how you play the game! Isn't that a great thing? People who buy it are deciding to support tripwire and at the same time aren't getting any kind of unfair advantage over those who don't pay -- the content is purely cosmetic as it should be.

When Tripwire starts charging for new GUNS, THAT is when you get pissed!

Upvote 0
You would prefer a more EA-like $5 per character?

Strange..

**GASP!** :eek:
no, i just think it would be better if we payed 4$ for 8 characters, or 8$ for 16, i just hope they come up with a pack with more unessential content inside, so you know its actually worth the time, or add on to the old one.
because it would be tiresome trying to get 4 new characters in a new DLC pack every time they come out with more, for 2$ every time.... i like the price, i find its fair, for the amount your getting, don't get me wrong. but its too little to use a credit card for.

Upvote 0
Add-ons

Add-ons

I don't mind paying for add-ons, but characters skins are a little cheesy. Although I don't imagine they could do anything more substantial because of the way the game works (like guns or instance). But maybe if they had different gun models (even if the stats are the same). I do spend a lot of time looking at the back end of a gun.

Upvote 0
**GASP!** :eek:
no, i just think it would be better if we payed 4$ for 8 characters, or 8$ for 16, i just hope they come up with a pack with more unessential content inside, so you know its actually worth the time, or add on to the old one.
because it would be tiresome trying to get 4 new characters in a new DLC pack every time they come out with more, for 2$ every time.... i like the price, i find its fair, for the amount your getting, don't get me wrong. but its too little to use a credit card for.

Sixteen new skins?!! Dear god why?!

Well don't I feel like the silly one, I had my bank card on my mind.
If your bank charges you to spend your money, you need to switch to a different bank. My BB&T bank card is a check card that can be used anywhere a Visa credit card can be used, and I'm not charged extra for using it. I can spend like 10 cents and they'll still process the transaction for free. Also I get free checking and online banking. :)

Upvote 0
i'll sell you some maps for 5 dollars. But then you'd just end up giving them all out for free when you put them on your server o_o

These aren't just reskins of the base characters like you are implying. Is it worth 2 dollars? maybe not to you, but as someone who has done skinning in other games I know it takes a whole lot more time to do what they did then what you think they did. Even if they were just reskins, that still takes a whole lot of time... and the amount of time it would of taken me to do it for free would of cost me more than 2 dollars.

Lots of you guys understandably feel burned by other companies, and lots of other games make their dlc more or less mandatory (like uber weapon packs) but you shouldn't take those feelings out on twi.This is a decent solution to generate more money without forcing any of us to be responcible for that generation. This dlc is just fluff, it isn't needed to play at all and there is no pressure to buy it. You want x y and z for 5 dollars instead? Well...that's fine too. Don't hold your breath or anything. Takes a lot longer to make something like a map pack then it does to do some skins and models and I doubt they want to split their niche player base by making it so half of them can't play certain maps.

yo yo yo, homie G slice, yo! up da brizzle fishy dawg green.

wigger.jpg

**** i feel like an idiot.

yeah, i agree, in normal translation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0