• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

“…is not a valid map file!”

Alex Milo

Grizzled Veteran
  • Dec 21, 2010
    I cannot open my map, I keep getting this message. How do I fix it? I can open previous versions just fine, but they’re really outdated…
    IMG_0021.jpeg
    I had the SDK open during sleep on my laptop, which I usually do, but I got blue screened and now I get this message when trying to open.

No this is the original file in its intended location. However I did not know it was best to have them in a specific folder, I’ll do that going forward. I am very rusty and did not consider checking an auto save file, so that saves me some work. I did however lose a couple of hours, is there really no way to open the file when I get this message? Is the file considered corrupted?

EDIT: I had no idea there’s a backup folder within the auto save folder, it has my latest file so I’m thankfully good to go. I am still however curious how this happened to the original file?

Last edited:
    Upvote 0