• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Insert Name Here

Grim Treatments Hotfix 1087 is live.

Looking through the SDK to see what's changed, I see this type of code several times (other than a slight change in KFPlayerReplicationInfo, it seems to be the only SDK change for v1087): if (class'WorldInfo'.static.GetWorldInfo().NetMode == NM_DedicatedServer) {...
  2. Insert Name Here

QOL - under barrel weapons

This (or something like it) has been requested for quite some time. I have no idea why this hasn't been implemented yet, especially considering that the Ion Thruster got its own HUD modification for ultimate charge. Some kind of indicator that the grenade launcher needs to be reloaded would fix...
  3. Insert Name Here

PC Some old bugs (along with a couple of fixes)

I put together a package with test bench mutators that demonstrate a couple of bugs and also what I did to fix them. >>>DOWNLOAD HERE<<< BugFixMod.u goes in your Documents\My Games\KillingFloor2\KFGame\Published\BrewedPC folder. Follow the instructions in the included README. This shows fixes...
  4. Insert Name Here

PC [v1085 beta] Ion Thruster does not maintain ultimate charge when dropped

Category: Code Reproducibility: Always Summary: The Ion Thruster loses it ultimate charge when dropped and picked up again. Description: The issue is with KFGameContent.KFWeap_Edged_IonThruster. It does not override SetupDroppedPickup() to transfer the current ultimate charge to the newly...
  5. Insert Name Here

Upcoming Changes to Monetization - And Why We Are Making Them

From what I can tell, most people (myself included) have no problem paying for new weapons if needed. The only issue is the price. IMO $10 per weapon is too much for two reasons: Cost over time: Assuming 4 seasonal updates with 2 paid weapons per update, that's $80 per year if you want all...
  6. Insert Name Here

PC Two AF2011-A1 odd ammo count bugs

Category: Code Reproducibility: Always Summary: When dual-wielding AF2011-A1's, dropping one can result in both pistols having an odd number of rounds in both pistols. Description: To reproduce with Dual AF2011-A1: Fire the pistols such that magazine ammo count is not divisible by 4 (30...
  7. Insert Name Here

PC I'm pretty sure I figured out the invisible Bloat mine bug

A while ago, I posted my findings on the invisible Bloat mine bug (including what I think was the cause). Recently, I asked kittenmittens if TWI had any updates. Apparently, they think I'm onto something, but they need a consistent repro before they can implement my suggested fixes. Because of...
  8. Insert Name Here

Current Known Mod Support Requests

Chiming in to especially throw my support behind the second issue (GetPackageLinker issue). As it is now, I have to tread carefully to ensure mod compatibility while not overriding anything that might break things because of this. Pharrahnox mentioned on the Discord that fixing this would also...
  9. Insert Name Here

Weapon stats in numbers

Can we at least get this as a toggle as OP suggested? There are quite a few people who have requested this. P.S. Please also add a "(+Number)" for upgrades.
  10. Insert Name Here

PC ScriptWarning Log spam during Hold Zone objective

Category: Code Reproducibility: Always Summary: The log file is spammed with out-of-bounds array access errors during the Hold Zone objective so long as the "Too Few Players" and "Too Many Zeds" reminders aren't on cooldown. Description: Here is an example log from Zed Landing's Hold Zone...
  11. Insert Name Here

PC [v1080 Beta] Custom weapons no longer give dosh on zed kills

Correct. AFAIK this is in the system, but Yoshiro stated that the desired fix was too risky to implement for v1081 (what exactly that means, I don't know). I am working on some suggested SDK fixes to ensure that the validation works properly while still ensuring mod support for both custom zeds...
  12. Insert Name Here

PC Annoying "grabbed whine" keeps playing forever unless game is restarted completely.

This is likely the problem. In KFGame.KFSM_GrappleVictim, the grapple sound is started in SpecialMoveStarted() and only gets stopped in SpecialMoveEnded(). There should be a limit to how long this sound plays, as you'd have to be rather oblivious to not notice that you're being grabbed within...
  13. Insert Name Here

Gamey Reloading (Cancellation + Speed Bonuses)

This. That said, there are a couple of weapons which AFAIK are particularly egregious with how much time reload cancelling saves you. The Railgun, M99, and empty reloads on most dual pistols are the ones I've heard of. Tripwire could do something about those by adjusting the "ammo reload" notify...
  14. Insert Name Here

PC [V1080] Survival server converts to objective mode when choosing steam fortress

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what s5yn3t is saying. Here's what I think is happening: When getting the map list, the game checks if the map supports the server's current game mode, and Steam Fortress supports Survival, so it's put in the roster on a Survival server. However, when the server...
  15. Insert Name Here

Merge Survival and Objective in post-game map vote list

In the beta, there's currently a bug which changes servers to Objective mode when playing Steam Fortress, as the map defaults to Objective mode. My suggestion is half-bug-fix, half-QoL: for servers/solo games that default to Survival or Objective, put maps of both types in the map list, with...
  16. Insert Name Here

Something else I want to mention: because failing this validation check exits UpdateDamageHistory() early, it also breaks zed aggro-switching (about lines 2840-2854) when using custom weapons.
  17. Insert Name Here

Category: Code Reproducibility: Always Summary: In the beta, mod weapons no longer give dosh on zed kills. Description: This is caused by a new validation function added to KFGame.KFPawn in the beta, ValidateDamageForDamageHistory(). In the function above it, UpdateDamageHistory() (about...
  18. Insert Name Here

PC Zed's headless bleed out time is 5 seconds regardless of HeadlessBleedOutTime

Category: Code Reproducibility: Always Summary: All zeds have a headless bleed out time of 5 seconds regardless of what their HeadlessBleedOutTime variable is set to. Description: The issue is in KFGame.KFPawn_Monster, function HitZoneInjured() (about lines 3714-3750, v1080 SDK). The...
  19. Insert Name Here

PC [Objective mode] Custom map with Objective Mode GameType not working

I suspect this has something to do with how the game mode index is used in KFGame.KFGFxStartGameContainer_Options. In function InitializeGameOptions(), SavedModeIndex is referenced multiple times, and in the new beta the class added one function regarding the mode index...
  20. Insert Name Here

PC [Beta1] GetAll Console command no longer working in Online Play

At all!? At a minimum, put it behind admin or cheats (preferably the former). I agree with the above posts that GetAll is an important part of online mod debugging. There are ways to get around this change (e.g. debug HUDs), but they're rather non-trivial to implement, and really only available...