• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. Vertical Loop

Code A How to guide

Last post! I think. Now that we've expained the backdrop of whats going on, ti will be easier to slide through the UC script. i will be starting farther along, as some things have already been explained. What's more important is starting with code where SDK packages are used in the UC. Most of...
  2. Vertical Loop

Code A How to guide

And we are back. Continuing with animation trees Now, I'm not too savvy on these guys, as I haven't actually done anything to them. However, I'm pretty sure their most prominent feature is the different gradients between animations and conditionals that cause them. Basically, It mostly...
  3. Vertical Loop

Code A How to guide

Okay, continuing on. Animations. In the SDK these are called AnimSet.| Before we begin, I would like to put a reminder here. If you want to edit something, COPY IT. Don't edit the original. This is the halloween husk, as I am creating stuff during the beta preview of 2020's halloween. On the...
  4. Vertical Loop

Code A How to guide

This part (or atleast this post) will just be appear artsy fartsy stuff. I thought it important to leave some intuition on how to make a system particle look pretties and not so jarring. Also because I wanted to. Okay, so I explained a bunch of stuff about particle systems, but I never really...
  5. Vertical Loop

2D Art Drew this for a friend

Dunnoh if maybe someone else wanted it for a background or something. Originally meant for it to be my server motd but it the motd is broken. The image itself has been downscaled.
  6. Vertical Loop

Code A How to guide

Cont. Sub UVs are indications that you want the image to be cut into pieces. As you see in the rocks emmitter, there are four images in it, two vertical and two horizontal. Likewise, in required, I have specified that there are two horizontal Sub UV's and two vertical Sub UV's. To get the...
  7. Vertical Loop

Code A How to guide

Fair, very fair. But, I would like to point out two things as to why I probably won't move it to the wiki A: I actually have never seen the linked guides before. In fact, the only guides I have really found have been on tripwire forum and steam (and mind you, I spent A LOT of time looking for...
  8. Vertical Loop

Code A How to guide

Cont. I'm just going to drop this right here https://docs.unrealengine.com/udk/Three/ParticleSystemReference.html Moving on to store spawn time. This is a pretty special tab, as i believe it overrides relative time with the spawn time of the material. Not too sure. This is important for the...
  9. Vertical Loop

Code A How to guide

Cont. I'm just ganna set this down right here: https://docs.unrealengine.com/udk/Three/MaterialEditorUserGuide.html Two seperate images. The one on the left is when the sinusoids are at their peak (ae 1). They multiply my frost texture that I imported by 1 , which basically chanes nothing...
  10. Vertical Loop

Code A How to guide

Part 2: The guide boogaloo I mentioned before that I would talk about sdk stuff. This is where most of my toubles lied in, as the unreal 3 guides are sometimes vague and don't actually explain things. Let's begin. I would like to start this out by explaining some useful tools that I wish I...
  11. Vertical Loop

Code A How to guide

Edit 10/1/2020: Pictures are small/low res if you don't login I noticed there are a lot of general guides on how to get started in the KF2 modding sphere, but a severe lack of anything that goes completely in depth This has frustrated me to no end, as any problems I run by have to be solved by...
  12. Vertical Loop

Level Design Is it possible to edit CHR_Basic_PM

Maybe this should be on the code section of the forum, but I thought maybe someone who works more with the sdk may have found a workaround Attempting to mod something in, an easy solution/better solution for my issue would be to edit CHR_Basic_PM However, I don't believe I can just change a...
  13. Vertical Loop

Code Editing KFPawn_Human object

For those of you who show up in the future and notice that the question wasn't specifically answered, here is what I did to get my specialmove working. (I hate it when I view a forum and theres not a specific answer, I code for a living) A: replace the HumanClass like simplecat said (god bless)...
  14. Vertical Loop

This was exactly what was I was looking for, you are a godsend good sir.
  15. Vertical Loop

Trying to figure out a way to edit the in KFPawn_Human.uc to add a new special move. I know you can use ModifyPlayer() to edit values within the hum an pawn function, but I can't figure out syntactically how to edit an object to add a new item/ replace the old set with a new set, which simply...
  16. Vertical Loop

Server No images work for welcome screen

" opened default banner and edited, "
  17. Vertical Loop

Addendum: the default image works if text is added to below welcome screen fields
  18. Vertical Loop

Things tried: 512x256 8, 16, 32 bit channels read only/ not read only files https and http web hosts put into images file and hosted there re opened image in paint, gimp, images and resaved opened default banner and edited, renamed image to MOTDServer, renamed image without spaces, one word no...
  19. Vertical Loop

Server Workshop: Unable to download workshop item/ Item state is 8/Failed to open <map name>

Workshop: Unable to download workshop item/ Item state is 8/Failed to open <map name> I've been having a specific problem to my server. Custom maps will not load from workshop, and players cannot download custom maps from redirect () or workshop. Maps have been manually placed on the server...
  20. Vertical Loop

PC HoE Crippling Exploits

After playing KF2 for some time, I have come upon some exploits, many of which we're small ones that helped the teams in little ways, but there are two major ones that I want to address. The first being the duping exploit, which many know of. If you spam the drop button fast enough with one or...