• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. H

SPawn volume Distance to player

Pretty simple question, are these volume units the same as the grid units (320x320)? Anyone doing this stuff, what are your good practices? Are you putting distances past what you think you need? I'm going to iron out the map I left unfinished tomorrow and the spawn volume distances...
  2. H

Best multiplayer stand-alone 2015.

I would cast you a trophy. What are your nominees? I haven't been gaming as much as I used to. I think KF2 is rocking the category though.
  3. H

980 or higher?

I was mistaken. I had a background process running. You don't NEED a 980.
  4. H

Level Design [WIP]KF-Confinement

Do you like winding hallways, big zombie chase loops, copious jukes; with punishing but fair and strategic lighting? How about a couple dead-drop catwalks? Crawlers raining from the ceiling? This one's for you, friends. Exit your cell and enter: KF-Confinement...
  5. H

Weird issue right clicking to rotate ortho camera

Any time I right click or drag the ortho camera past a static mesh, it stops and selects it. Often, right clicking empty space sends the flyout instead of rotating the camera. Not all the time though, it's intermittent. This just started happening. I've tried reading the UDK hotkey document...
  6. H

Level Design How is the position of KFDestructibleActor locked?

I'm futzing around here. I can't figure out how TWI locked the location of their destructible actors. Lock Position doesn't exist under properties->advanced. I did this a few weeks ago, and I can't figure out how I did it last time.
  7. H

The healing syringe and you!

Two minutes of your time, Tripwire forumites. I've noticed almost nobody uses the healing syringe anymore. It's understandable with the addition of darts, but sad because the syringe is crazy effective in skilled hands. youtube.com/watch?v=oBRv1_S02x4&feature=youtu.be I spent several hours...
  8. H

Beta Map kf-confinement

Bump edit: Hosting this map at my Custom KF2 server for v2 testing. 71.82.21.25:7777 (open console with ~ and type "open 71.82.21.25:7777" to directly connect to my server) Download link: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=92250844618692175027
  9. H

Level Design [WIP]KF-Confinement Map Preview

I've noticed some of you are getting comfortable in Killing Floor 2. youtube.com/watch?v=ginci5631Hs&feature=youtu.be I'm here to tell you, I will not have it. I'd like to introduce myself. I'm a guy that has had an unhealthy obsession with games. I enjoy dissecting games more than playing...
  10. H

Level Design This one is driving me nuts (lighting translucent materials)

I guess I changed something in my map's lighting settings, or I'm using the wrong build settings. I've copied the clean room suit lockers from Biolab into my map. http://imgur.com/kYAMcmR (Lighting only) http://imgur.com/8LlnlFK No matter what I do, I can't get light to pass through the...
  11. H

Level Design Duplicate Material Instance Constant?

I know how to create my own MIC, and reference a master material or plug in a diffuse, normal, and base texture. However, I'm not ready to begin re-learning those tools yet and I'd like to just use the provided MIC's. However However, I would like to modify them and make my own versions...
  12. H

Level Design Anyone know the NPC radius of the Fleshpound & Scrake?

75% of a set tile, or 240 - forced path between them with two nodes reports Largest NPC Radius: 120, Height: 120. I'm guessing 120 is the FP's radius, and that you probably want 160 as a minimum for pathing generally, and ideally at choke points only. I haven't yet experimented with producing...
  13. H

KF2 crashing on launch 5/15/15.

x64 / 8.1 / i5-4670K / 8GB / GTX760 From 5/14/15, no discernible system changes. Game now throws error report on launch before entering DX fullscreen. It's .DMP error log is illegible. It claims to create an XML file as well, but I am not seeing it in AppData/Local/Temp. However, the...
  14. H

Level Design How: the water on Burning Paris?

Anyone know how to do that? The water under the bridge, so to say.
  15. H

Building lightmass crashes SDK with terrain

I want to use a small terrain in my map, but I can't figure out how to prevent it from crashing when it makes the shadowmaps. It's being really finnicky and inconsistent. It'll build with one point light, but not another - or if I move the point light. I'm using the indoor lighting volume. It...
  16. H

Splatter maps and Modular Static Set tiles?

I thought part of the idea behind MSS tiles was that the SDK would build a contiguous splatter map for them? How do I prevent this? I did build all before testing. Thanks!
  17. H

Warning: The editor's asset database encountered a problem?

That's the error, thoughts? I suspect it's permissions-related (as the SDK is loading assets from the game in C: ) Steps taken: -Win 8.1, fully updated -Run as administrator -Verify game cache, re-install SDK tool -Restart computer Someone suggested re-installing .NET, but I actually don't...
  18. H

Alright, I bit the bullet!

I'm comically poor, so thanks for the $30 ticket price. Don't make me cry Tripwire! I did find the setup guide here, but what are the system requirements for a KF2 server? Being Unreal II, the original KF was extremely easy to host which will probably support a small audience for years to...