• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. A

Realistification of KF mod -- Thoughts?

@skell - well, worrying about very trivial things in regard to performance might be unnecesay headache, but not keeping it in mind generally results in poopy applications, once you try to scale it in any way. Its more applicable to mobile applications with limited resources and especially...
  2. A

Thank you, thats some good to know info. I would just like to clarify - In a nutshell, the article you sent the link to states that there is no guarantee that another client (or even the server? -_^) will execute a non-simulated function that is called inside my pawn? Or is it that another...
  3. A

Code Pawn and Controller relationship

Yeah, I just figured it out via trial and error. It threw me off that sometimes myController.Pawn references the instance, sometimes the class. Wierd .... I guess there's a certain degree of black magic here. Thanks for the input however. Maybe you could help me with a new issue - how to use...
  4. A

Yeah, damage and recoil amounts would need to be changed. Dumping 2 AK magazines to the face to kill a dude with a chainsaw is kind of ridiculous imo. Ultimately Id like people to rely much more on aimed shots and recoil to actually feel natural, as well not being able to run and shoot and hit...
  5. A

Last night I started playing with UDK, with the ultimate goal of fixing the recoil system - getting rid of the obnoxious bopping up and down, and making the crosshair point where the next round will hit, as well as removing the 'wtf' rounds that hit WAY away from the average group. Also, getting...
  6. A

KF SDK concerns

Ok, sounds good. Thanks guys. I downloaded it last night and did a little work. Good to know there is (at least to our knowledge)nothing to worry about.
  7. A

Code How to replace KFHumanPawn with mutator?

How would you access the pawn instance that your controller is controlling?
  8. A

Also a follow up on previous question - can anyone point me in the right direction to find source code for KFHumanPawn?
  9. A

So, from some tutorials I figured out a way to change the PlayerControllerClass with your mod. I am trying to add an exec function that does something, and the way I think this is how people do it: function postBeginPlay(){ level.Game.PlayerControllerClass = class'MyMutator.MyController'; }...
  10. A

Code [Tutorial] Creating a Basic Mutator

Yeah, I figured that out. Ive been searching the steam store for quite a while until I figured out I was in the wrong place... Thanks anyway though :) Ah, thats quite unfortunate. Would be much much easier if there was some form of doc to read, rather then browse people's trial and error findings.
  11. A

Code [Tutorial] Creating a Basic Mutator

Hi, guys. From a handful of tutorials I have seen so far, you need UCC.exe. My installation did not come with it. Any pointers where I can procure it? Thanks, EDIT: Also, did anyone have a chance to look at documentation for basic objects used in KF? Stuff like their member variables, accessors...
  12. A

KF SDK concerns

Hi guys, I have just had an urge to use my software engineering experience to produce something more fun then stuff I do at work. Now, I did a little research into modding for KF and it appears to be much more simple then I anticipated, but a KF SDK is pretty much necessary. I have read here...