• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. mikkou

Level Design Building lights in area

Phew, haven't been here in a while. Anyway, my map is taking forever to build lights atm, so I want to use the "build in an area" function. However, I couldn't find a way of selecting everything at once on a specific area (lets say inside builder brush for example, which worked on kf1 editor)...
  2. mikkou

So.. I know nothing about having my own KF2 server

https://www.gameservers.com/ They are very good and professional. You can leave a support ticket to them if you need help with setting up custom maps and such.
  3. mikkou

PC Doors Invisible/Broken?

Category: Code? Reproducibility: Happens every now and then if not always, on every map as far as I can tell. Summary: Doors appear to be open, but when trying to walk through them you cannot. Description: Doors appear to be open but still stop you from walking past them. "Opening" the door...
  4. mikkou

PC Survivalist Carrying Capacity Changes

Category: Code? Reproducibility: Always? Summary: When reaching level 20 (possibly also when reaching lvl 25) your carrying capacity changes from 20 back to 15 mid-game, while using the skill that increases your carrying capacity. Description: When using Weapon Harness skill to increase your...
  5. mikkou

Ridiculous Cosmetic Prices

I wish Tripwire would be generous enough to offer free crate keys once in a while, by having us complete some challenges or something. That would also eventually put down the market prices a bit when more people actually get the chance of acquiring some more or less rare skins.
  6. mikkou

What weapons do you think should be buffed or changed a little?

Only weapon that really stands out to me as useless is the C4. Since you have to manually detonate them unlike the pipebombs in KF1, seems like they require a lot of management and babysitting which you dont have time for with enemies coming from all directions. And they dont seem to do that...
  7. mikkou

Level Design [ATTENTION TWI] Please fix the custom map uploading tools.

Yep, considering how long it takes them to bring new updates youd think fixing modding tools would have some importance to them so we can keep enjoying custom content while waiting for the official updates.
  8. mikkou

Level Design [ATTENTION TWI] Please fix the custom map uploading tools.

Have they updated the tool? I also noticed none of my maps are visible when selecting the "maps" tags in the workshop, meaning nobody is gonna find them when looking for new maps.
  9. mikkou

WWAUT - Who Likes New Guns?

You may be right actually, I guess its time for a summer event soon. I just assumed it might be a new boss because there was a lot of talk about one in the forums a while back.
  10. mikkou

WWAUT - Who Likes New Guns?

The new boss I see. Any new maps coming soon? Need more mapping assets!
  11. mikkou

cosmetics and crafting.

That doesnt mean the system isnt flawed, though. As it stands, this whole drop system is just useless for the regular player. I wouldnt know difference if it was removed entirely. Everything drops so rarely and crafting something takes so much resources theres not much point doing it. Ive had...
  12. mikkou

Frustrations with this game

Its pointless complaining about bad players in this game, because they exist in every game and will continue to do so. If you are looking to win some games, only solution is playing with friends or joining a group/clan.
  13. mikkou

Beta Map KF-CrystalCave

KF-CrystalCave Map Size: Medium Description: As you might have guessed from the map name, this is indeed a cave, filled with glowing crystals. Screenshots: See the workshop page for more. Download: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=913799336&searchtext=KF-CrystalCave Im...
  14. mikkou

Level Design Basic Level Geometry with 45 Degree Floors

This is what I do aswell with gaps, just add a pillar there or something else, it will usually just make the map look better in the end.
  15. mikkou

Final Map KF-Metro-Chase

Well I already used something else so dont think Im going to change it at this point, thanks anyway! Perhaps in a future project.
  16. mikkou

Final Map KF-Metro-Chase

Aaaaw man you got glowy mushrooms in there, I was looking for a custom one for ages for my map and had to go for a "fake mushroom" instead. Oh well. Looking great, loved the Metro series and the atmosphere fits well in KF2.
  17. mikkou

Level Design Basic Level Geometry with 45 Degree Floors

You have to actually open 2 editors, and just switch beetween them. Steam doesnt allow opening two programs at the same time though, so you have to do some shortcuts from the original folder to your desktop. There might be some trickery you need to do to get it to work, cant remember what it was...
  18. mikkou

Is there a possibility that Precious weapon skins will get a visual improvement?

Wow, havent really tried many skins yet because its all so expensive, but that Chaulk n Burn skin does look pretty lame. In fact it kinda looks like something I could do with no experience :D
  19. mikkou

Level Design Landscape missing material in game?

I think its not the same problem, because I dont have ANY material at all, ANYWHERE. So I cant copy paste working parts to fix it. I think its because I copied landscape from Farmhouse and edited that (being a landscape noob that I am). Since then I have tried 1. Removing all layers and adding...
  20. mikkou

Level Design Editor Crash while building lights

Indeed, most wont even notice the little things but it would still bother me personally knowing its there lol. Other mappers will pay attention for sure though, I can almost here them shake their heads in dissapointment when they find a floating plant hahahaha. At least the ones I know :)