• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Who Likes New Guns?

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Horzine is proud to announce two new weapons are joining the arsenal made available to ZED contractors via the forward pods. Introducing the SPX 464 Centerfire and HZ12 Multi-Action!
    NewWeapons.png

(This is a Work In Progress sample)​

Do those of you who specialize is "not" getting your hands dirty and staying around from the front wish you could spend more time with the tried and true classics like the lever action rifles of yore? Fear no more! The SPX 464 Centerfire is here to save the day (Who's day? Everybody but the ZEDs of course)! A lever action rifle built on modern designs and coming equipped with a scope. Everything you loved, now better.

Worry not those of you not so faint of heart! The HZ12 was built with you in mind! This new prototype double barrel pump action shotgun lets you get in twice the ZED hurt at the original pump action price. Did needing a followup shot get you down? This gun is just for you!

Due to popular demand the smiths at Horzine have been tinkering with some of the existing Sharpshooter and Support arsenal and you will find some guns reloading faster and damaging Zeds more than ever once this update rolls out to the field pods.

And if you missed the recent blast from the past, there are some new weapon skins that are also making their way into the field.

KF2_Skins_DDE_Promo.jpg

One last thing, we have picked up some odd signals out in the wild. Hopefully it doesn't mean anything - but here is a sample.

http://media.tripwirecdn.com/052617/sample.wav

Ignore that interference in the line. The team should have packaged that up better.

Reactions: Patros
    A DP12 with detachable mags, sounds neat. Same price as the original pump is surprising.
    Did horzine throw in an altfire double blast function, too?

464 SPX, not too exciting if it's just gonna be the LAR with a scope and a cheesy look. But if the stats are different enough, it could be good fun.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Azukki;n2295012 said:
    TactiLAR seems cheesy. I hope it's a tier 2 with way different stats, so at least the gameplay can be unique from the LAR, since it seems inevitable the animations will be mostly reused.
    It's actually a real weapon, Mossberg 464 SPX. And yeah, it looks a bit cheesy. The old-school, classy shape of the old Winchester LAR doesn't go well with the modern-looking stock and indentations found on some parts of its spiritual successor.

By the way, I think the scope should be set back a bit, like that:
    http://14544-presscdn-0-64.pagely.ne...g-464-SPX1.jpg

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    I dunno, the sound clip sounds like
    Spoiler!

to me, though it has been a while...

As for the guns, the dp12 looks to provide an interesting enough experience compared to the other shotties.

The centerfire, on the other hand... We've been asking for an official bolt-action weapon for sharp for I don't know how long and instead we get a tactical version of the lever action already in the game with a scope thrown on top? I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but I guess I'm a little disappointed a new weapon was being considered for sharp and this was the choice. Maybe next time... =/

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    pie1055;n2295043 said:
    I dunno, the sound clip sounds like
    Spoiler!

to me, though it has been a while...

As for the guns, the dp12 looks to provide an interesting enough experience compared to the other shotties.

The centerfire, on the other hand... We've been asking for an official bolt-action weapon for sharp for I don't know how long and instead we get a tactical version of the lever action already in the game with a scope thrown on top? I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but I guess I'm a little disappointed a new weapon was being considered for sharp and this was the choice. Maybe next time... =/

I think it'll feel good when you get it in your hands. It'll be like a higher tier lever action that's easier to aim. It'll kind of feel like when the katana got made into a tier 2 weapon. Im happy about both guns for sure. (Still wont replace the HSG from KF1 in my heart though)

Upvote 0
    You must have a sixth sense because I was wondering "when we'll we get new toys?" , no longer than...yesterday ;-)

I'm noooot entirely sold on the Centerfire... What I dislike about the new M14 is precisely the scope which is far too bulky to be effective except at longer distances. I'm also a bit afraid that the two weapons would feel too similar (safe for a damage increase of course). And finally, I don't really like the design...The scope looks out of place (but I understand that it's a WIP , so I won't blame you for that)

The HZ12 however, oh boy... Is that the worthy successor to the HSG-12 from the first game?! I sure hope so! I wonder why it's a T1 alternative though...He looks far more powerful! I have a little bit of hope you'll manage to get around that. But I'm already sold on the gun.

However, it's a bit sad that the medic gets no love... Of all the perks,I think he's the one the MOST in need of a rework and new guns (along with the sharpie). Plus, with the cross-perk weapons, the support now have SEVEN weapons, as many as the berserker. So even though it's one of my favourite perk... I think the medic was more deserving.

But hey, we'll see! Loving the 1911's skin too!

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    A better, weight 5, faster (with a mag) SS weapon is needed, although i would prefer another tier 4 classic bolt-action sniper with more ammo, like barret.

Shotgun looks great, even if i think that support has a lot of shotguns in his arsenal already. I would prefer to see a nerfed m4, which already exists in the game and is underated..

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    HZ12 - the return of the HSG-1??? I hope so. The HSG-1 was one of my all-time favorite weapons from KF1. I hope the lever action there has some different stats from the LAR classic we have now. A new weapon with different handling characteristics would be more interesting than a reskin. Even so, if it turns out to be like the current LAR that wouldn't be a bad thing. The LAR is a beastly tier 1 gun.

Upvote 0