• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Search results

1. ValentinBk

Return of the solo project (rock-metal guitar instrumentals)

Hey, sorry haven't seen your comment earlier. Yes, just make sure to link the original. I'm real curious to hear what you'll come up with, if you're still up for that
  2. ValentinBk

Hey guys, so I just made a new release that is pretty different from the usual stuff - my city has a big wild boar population roaming around (usually at night), so I decided to sample, autotune them and make a song with wild hogs doing the vocals. Here is the result:
  3. ValentinBk

Hey folks, got a new release in the project, this one is a fast paced heavy-thrash metal track. Some of you might be familiar with the part at 2:40, the demo version of the track was used for the intro in the Gore Reviews series on my gaming channel.
  4. ValentinBk

Hey folks, a while back (a few years ago, actually) I've posted a thread on the forum with some tracks from my solo project offering them for KF2. After a few years of hiatus I've gone back to releasing new music, and here are some of the new tracks. If instrumental rock\metal is your thing...
  5. ValentinBk

Changes to damage model?

On the RS2 Trello roadmap, in the next\coming up section there's a card that says "Changes to damage model", and there are no details on what that is. That can either mean something as cool as new wounded states and animation responses or just some damage value tweaks. Are there any details on...
  6. ValentinBk

A review of the gore effects in RS2

Just as with every TW game since I launched the channel, here's a review of the blood and gore effects in RS2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLfheOQdsp0 I want to note if the gore mechanics will be expanded\issues get fixed in the future they will be discussed in update videos
  7. ValentinBk

A few points of feedback about the gore

+1 for nerfing the blood puffs
  8. ValentinBk

Initial feedback and thanks on Closed Beta Round 1

Try a different browser then, I have 3 just in case something like this happens (and it happens fairly often on different sites)
  9. ValentinBk

I've seen the both part done in Dying Light, looks pretty bad. Would be neat if RS2 had clothes get slowly soaked in blood around the point of impact but even the simple hole + splatter response we have in RO2\Insurgency is better than the generic splatter
  10. ValentinBk

Yeah, this post is definitely not a final critique of the gore (which will be done on release), just a few of the biggest issues I noticed while playing the game
  11. ValentinBk

Friendly player indicators

Pretty sure we'll have hardcore servers on launch. Would be great to remove kill confirmations too
  12. ValentinBk

As the title suggests, played the game for a bit, here are a few points of feedback (might add more during the weekend) *Please get rid of the generic blood on the character as a response for gunfire. RO2 had wounds at the point of impact, hell, even THIS game had those previously (check the...
  13. ValentinBk

Closed Beta Discussion

Just activated my key, looking forward to trying it out!
  14. ValentinBk

Media Update - Ragdolls

One of my favorite things about RO2 was the blend of animation and ragdoll so you would see people struggling on the ground for a few seconds before dying. Was hoping those animations would be longer in RS2, but are they entirely removed?
  15. ValentinBk

RS2 Trailer Napalm FX

Relatively few games got the looks of fire\explosions right, even today. It's almost always too damn yellow
  16. ValentinBk

gore and dismemberment

I think in general death animations are interruptible in RO2, thing is, they're nowhere as long as those in Verdun.
  17. ValentinBk

gore and dismemberment

Funny thing about the screams, when I was doing the RO2 Gore Review I encountered this bug when the character was screaming long after he died. He was lying motionless in a pool of blood for a good 5 minutes or so, but the screams still played
  18. ValentinBk

gore and dismemberment

Question still remains though, will the gore mechanics be improved? Everything I saw so far from the trailers/gameplays/interviews indicates that it will be more of the same we had in RO2
  19. ValentinBk

gore and dismemberment

I'll just leave the Verdun gore review here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKg7quLsGRQ They got A LOT of things right, but what stands out the most (at least for me) is the death animations that can last for a minute or two. Really has a huge impact on the experience. Would love to see...